Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called up my dealership and asked them if the aem intakes void the warranty, and there like no but its not the best intake for the is300, we do reccomend and SRT with piggyback and we do carry them in stock so if you ever think over of getting a srt intake, we sell them around 650.

Has anyone heard about this, i always thought it voids it, but the main manager that service cars was like no it doesnt... :crazy:

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
if they give it to you in WRITING that its covered under the warrenty, then GO FOR IT!

thats a tad bit pricy though...but, SUPPLY and DEMAND!

8)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
which dealer is this?!

they actually carry aftermarket parts?!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you want, i can get some paperwork for ppl that need it...

and ya they have a whole line up of aftermarket shit

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I don't think they can speak for lexus corporate. If that dealer writes you a warranty, then most likely that warranty is only valid at that dealership.

As far as all the people who think an aftermarket part will void your warranty, you need to be educated about the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
the only way it will affect a warranty claim is if they can prove the INTAKE caused the damage or failure...

there are several Lexus dealers i have heard of who sell the SRT intake & are ok with it on the car...& offer installation too... it is not a Lexus Corp Position i am SURE. But the dealers are independant & they are able to make these decisions arbitrarily & independantly of Lexus Corporate influence it appears, as there is more than one dealer in the usa selling them in their parts dept, & offering support & installation at the lexus dealer as well...

i have never heard of anyone buying one there tho cus the dealers "fuk you in the drive thru" .. .on prices ususally.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
YES, 100% agree with Edgy. MY dealer in Ohio sells them and installs them and claims they are fine. Now, I think they can't warrant any individual part, but overall the warranty of the car, if the dealer agrees to it being acceptable, should be okay. Writing is always best though.

I was down getting service and they actually have an IS300 on the showroom floor with the SRT/ECU and a ton of other stuff. It stickers for $46,000

03 5-speed
SRT/ECU
TRD big brake kit
Stillen brake lines
TRD body kit
L-Tuned exhaust
Momo Tuner 18"

And it's factory warranty all the way I was told. They're selling it that way, they should have to warrant it that way.

·
Registered
127 Posts
davefisher said:
YES, 100% agree with Edgy. MY dealer in Ohio sells them and installs them and claims they are fine. Now, I think they can't warrant any individual part, but overall the warranty of the car, if the dealer agrees to it being acceptable, should be okay. Writing is always best though.

I was down getting service and they actually have an IS300 on the showroom floor with the SRT/ECU and a ton of other stuff. It stickers for $46,000

03 5-speed
SRT/ECU
TRD big brake kit
Stillen brake lines
TRD body kit
L-Tuned exhaust
Momo Tuner 18"

And it's factory warranty all the way I was told. They're selling it that way, they should have to warrant it that way.
It's pretty much "dealer law" that they will cover everything on the car that's there at the time of purchase. Aftermarket or not, it's normally policy that the factory warranty cover all things included with the car AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE.

In other words, I completely agree with edgy and davefisher.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
didn't SRT's intakes used to be on the team lexus carS?

that's what the dealership here told some guy in my computer class...so he got it and they installed/covered it

i think the dealer is confident that the intake will not cause any harm and therefore are okay with it.......but you can take your lexus to any dealer for service if you............even one that wouldn't warranty the intake?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts