Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF!!! Kaminari!!!

Dang!! This sucks big time :pissed: . I just got my Kaminari kit painted and the damm side skirts rub like crazy on my rear door. I'm not even going to put them on!! Why does the rear door gap have to be 1/8 inch smaller than the front door's gap. I was all happy that I got a good price for paint and installation too. :whine: I'm going to call Kaminari in alittle bit. Man!! Pissing me off!! :bitching:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey anyone who has the Kaminari kit did you have this problem too???

·
Registered
888 Posts
That sux, I was planning on getting the same kit. I guess I'm gonna have to go with the RMM. Good Luck

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
could it be that your rear door is hanging too low, and the problem is not with the kit?? :-?

I have to check out my rear door later.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rav4skyracer said:
That sux, I was planning on getting the same kit. I guess I'm gonna have to go with the RMM. Good Luck
Yeah it does suck. I called kaminari and the guy said usually there are no problems, but he told me to email him pics of it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kraze8 said:
could it be that your rear door is hanging too low, and the problem is not with the kit?? :-?

I have to check out my rear door later.
Maybe, but the middle of rear the door is alligned pretty well compared to the front, so I don't think it's the door.

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
post pics? hard to answer the question without pics.. but haven't heard of this problem with A51/kaminari sides before..

·
Registered
416 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I called Kaminari again and he said there's nothing he could do :pissed: . I also talked to my body shop and they said they could sand and re-paint, but He has to sand 1/8 inch off the kit. Which would make it super thin. Man!! This sucks!! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: Anyone have an idea? :whine: Thanks.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
I say, take it back to the shop, and let them sand it down. but ONLY the spot where it rubbs.. it doesn't look too bad, seems like an easy fix.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Chigger said:
Is it me or the links don't work?! :roll:
not you. links don't work

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well can some check my www to see if it works. The pics are there too.
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts