Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just burnt a fresh new cd...didn't even put it down until i got to the car ...straight from the computer..and i put it in and play perfectly yesteday. Today while i was drivin to work, it it starts to go psycho on me and halfway through a song it starts making a beeping noise and saying ALERT it did that like 5 times in a row then played like another :30 secodns of the song and it did it again...so i switch disc adn it still did that same thing...both had no scratches..and just to make sure..i burnt another CD and took it straight form the Computer to the car and it did the same thig..what is wrong?

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
wtf is wrong with your search button?

Burn the CD at a slower write speed...

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
burnt CD's have issues in the IS man

This is a known issue with them
Seem like it has issues with CD's period. Every time mine jammed it was off of real CD. I have been listening to the radio, been too lazy to break down the dash a fix CD player again for the 4th time... :pissed: Getting after market once I decide which one...

·
Registered
185 Posts
I play about 90% CD-R's in mine. No problems at all. Of course, I always burn music at 4X speed.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
GutterMouth said:
Seem like it has issues with CD's period. Every time mine jammed it was off of real CD. I have been listening to the radio, been too lazy to break down the dash a fix CD player again for the 4th time... :pissed: Getting after market once I decide which one...

Me to Im sick of the lexus cd players problems Im just going to get a after market one also. :(

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
GingX69 said:
I play about 90% CD-R's in mine. No problems at all. Of course, I always burn music at 4X speed.
I'd rather get the aftermarket and burn at 48x. I cant wait 20 minutes for a CD to wait, I did that too much 5 years ago.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
I've had no issues burning at 12X with all of my CD's. Ive been using them for 4 years. I did find one vendor (cheap discs) that didnt play, but as soon as I reburned with a name brand, the issue was gone.

The scrambled music is a classic symptom of compyright protection.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
DRM owns you . write speed is not the issue. all my Cds are burned at 48x off old MP3's/ non-protected CDs.

Only once did I try to copy a DRM'd CD and my player wouldnt play it, though something of an image was created on the disk. I gave up after that first attempt.

10GB of oldie goldie mp3's is enough music for me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had issues with burnt CD's both in my new Lexus and my old 328 and Accord. They would always play fine for the first few tracks, then as the songs got farther out around the disc they would start skipping and by the last few songs they would be unplayable.

Additionally, in the IS, sometimes I can't even switch to the burnt CD's, it just says Error 1. I fix this by turning off the stereo and turning it back on.

I will try burning at slower speeds.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well there is one cd that i've played in the IS for about 3 weeks and it was perfect cause i listened to it everday and it just started acting up the other day alonn withthe others

·
Registered
19 Posts
hmmm, im interested to know what your results are. I'm having the exact same problem and I'd much rather burn my disks slower than replace the entire player...

nubbage said:
I had issues with burnt CD's both in my new Lexus and my old 328 and Accord. They would always play fine for the first few tracks, then as the songs got farther out around the disc they would start skipping and by the last few songs they would be unplayable.

Additionally, in the IS, sometimes I can't even switch to the burnt CD's, it just says Error 1. I fix this by turning off the stereo and turning it back on.

I will try burning at slower speeds.

·
Registered
60 Posts
BigRim32 said:
hmmm, im interested to know what your results are. I'm having the exact same problem and I'd much rather burn my disks slower than replace the entire player...
I'm burning a CD tonite, I'll let you know :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts