Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comming home from the grocery store this morning some old fart in a purple S-10 almost clipped me :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: I'm waiting at the light to make my turn into the far lane, the guy in the S-10 is going to (at least I thought) turn into the middle lane, NO he decides he'll come over into my lane. I see he's gonna come over and cut me off so I slam on the fantastic breaks lexus gave us and I was able to stop before I hit him or the curb. I have no idea how I managed to avoid scraping the hell out of the rims on the curb or having the side of my car hit, all I can say is thank god that one of us was paying attention and thank lexus for building a machine that can stop as well as it can go!

I'm still pissed as hell that he put me and my baby in danger, if I find this guy I wana hang him from a tree by his old ass nutt sack :x Sorry for the long post but I need to vent to people who understand how I feel. :whine:

·
Blue Glowie
3,769 Posts
MMwakeboard said:
Comming home from the grocery store this morning some old fart in a purple S-10 almost clipped me :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: I'm waiting at the light to make my turn into the far lane, the guy in the S-10 is going to (at least I thought) turn into the middle lane, NO he decides he'll come over into my lane. I see he's gonna come over and cut me off so I slam on the fantastic breaks lexus gave us and I was able to stop before I hit him or the curb. I have no idea how I managed to avoid scraping the hell out of the rims on the curb or having the side of my car hit, all I can say is thank god that one of us was paying attention and thank lexus for building a machine that can stop as well as it can go!

I'm still pissed as hell that he put me and my baby in danger, if I find this guy I wana hang him from a tree by his old ass nutt sack :x Sorry for the long post but I need to vent to people who understand how I feel. :whine:
I feel you man. We put up with the same thing from drivers down here in Florida. You just have to train yourself to be on the defensive all the time. Sucks. I wish I could just enjoy driving and not have to worry about everyone else around me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
im from puerto rico and thats the only thing you see around these roads.... wtf!? shait drivers :x. so they are all around the world

·
Registered
767 Posts
I hear u man,just got my IS hit this Tuesday by a dumb ass in a truck.Pist as all hell.For me its a freakin headace now...
Glad everythng turned out fine... Next time carry a bat in the truck jus incase :pissed: ..

·
Registered
487 Posts

got hit twice by trucks in ny..... ny truck drivers suck.....2 totaled cars :crazy: thank u ny truck drivers..... :pissed:

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
I have to agree with most of you......
NY driving can be real difficult at times...
But WTF is up with some of the drivers here in S. Cali... I mean i'm pratically ready to start raming people with my car... I may sound like i have a little road rage but man, there is no respect on most of the Highways out here....
I wonder if it's beacuse i have NY plates... Is cutting off people a daily practice tought in the CA DMV?????
I'm just really pissed... Not only do you have to be careful out here, but when your out driving with your family, the last thing I wanna worry about is a hit and run... Since I've moved here i've seen more then a few accidents were the person who caused it left the scene, probably because they have no license, insurance,etc.....

Sorry for the short story, just had to vent.....

Joe Z :pissed:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Bad Drivers

The ones that p*ss me off the most are the so called "professional" drivers. You know the ones I mean - the big rig boys who seem to think that having 80000 lbs of truck allows them to speed through snow storms (blinding everyone they pass), cut you off (no point looking in the mirrors) and tailgate (gee... what stops faster my car or your truck?). Never mind the ones who don't maintain their vehicles or can't properly secure their load. Pallets coming off the back of a truck at 60 mph tend to do a lot of damage when they hit the car behind.

Sorry about ranting - but if they want to be considered to be professional - they should act it.

My thoughts - not yours...
WNorkle.

·
Registered
152 Posts
They are everywhere, even in the driver's seat. For example, my ex decides she wants to give the IS a spin, stupid me lets her... well 15 feet later in reverse she met a cement pole protecting electrical equipment... it was a nice day

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Razzo327 said:
yeah! and whats up with them doing the speed limit? now THATS dangerous.

old people :roll:
It's when they cut you off and don't even notice what just happened, then they become a problem. Speed limit or not if they almost hit you I don't give a f*ck they should be off the road.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Joe Z said:
I have to agree with most of you......
NY driving can be real difficult at times...
But WTF is up with some of the drivers here in S. Cali... I mean i'm pratically ready to start raming people with my car... I may sound like i have a little road rage but man, there is no respect on most of the Highways out here....
I wonder if it's beacuse i have NY plates... Is cutting off people a daily practice tought in the CA DMV?????
I'm just really pissed... Not only do you have to be careful out here, but when your out driving with your family, the last thing I wanna worry about is a hit and run... Since I've moved here i've seen more then a few accidents were the person who caused it left the scene, probably because they have no license, insurance,etc.....

Sorry for the short story, just had to vent.....

Joe Z :pissed:
There may be more cars in so cal than most other places in the US but people fucking suck at driving around here. You have to always be on alert or some dumbfuck is going to plow into you or change 3 or 4 lanes to get to where he wants to be cuz they're not paying attention. Going out is like life or death everyday sometimes haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
14 Participants
IS32JZ
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing