Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spend thirty something thousand dollars on my car and go to pop the hood to show my friends the engine and I have to use a hood prop WTF?? How much extra could it have costed for the hydrolic pumps??? Is that a new technology?
The hood prop is a let down makes me feel like I get the economy Lexus. I thought Lexus was good at paying attention to small things like that. Maybe its an option I didnt spend enough to get. I'll have to ask my dealer.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
oh it doesnt

THATS IT IM NOT GETTING ONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by Tony Montana:
I spend thirty something thousand dollars on my car and go to pop the hood to show my friends the engine and I have to use a hood prop WTF?? How much extra could it have costed for the hydrolic pumps??? Is that a new technology?
The hood prop is a let down makes me feel like I get the economy Lexus. I thought Lexus was good at paying attention to small things like that. Maybe its an option I didnt spend enough to get. I'll have to ask my dealer.
in case you didn't notice...you did buy the "economy" lexus...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by HIBBoyScott:
in case you didn't notice...you did buy the "economy" lexus...
I was thinking that after I posted that message. Well you know what I mean I bought a lexus. Even though it is the cheapest model I still wouldnt expect a hood proop..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by is300soon:
oh it doesnt

THATS IT IM NOT GETTING ONE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not saying its that serious, but its a little thing that bothers me, and I was wondering how everybody else felt about this thats all. Why is everyone so critical in this place geeezz!!!

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by Tony Montana:
I'm not saying its that serious, but its a little thing that bothers me, and I was wondering how everybody else felt about this thats all. Why is everyone so critical in this place geeezz!!!

not critical...just a bunch of real sarcastic bastards that occasionally wander out of the parking lot...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
anyway i kinda like it that way... nobody has said anything about it... i dont know why all of you got an IS300 for, but mine was performance and looks... then maybe for the amenities and features... id ont mind at all... you can just go to a auto part store and get some hydraulic struts and install them for yourself fairly easily and quickly

------------------
Team TRINITY 2001
2001 Onyx Black IS300
-fully equipped
-Wing
-Limited Edition 18" Volk Racing SE37A
-Pirelli P7000 Supersport
-TRD
-RAZO
-Blitz coming soon

·
Registered
447 Posts
it seems to me that everyone that bought the IS seems to end up complaining about everuthing about it... the only person i've heard that completely loves it is StockIS..... like the engine prop?..... does that really matter?...... taillights.... who would buy the car if u dunt like the tailights?...... iono bought u guys.... but the only thing that really pisses me off........ well.... that damn felt on the dash...... i hate that so much.... but thanks to Don im on my way 2 solving that problem.......

Juz my 2 pesos....

>=|

------------------
Silver 2001 IS300
RMM Intake
Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
Hella Blue Lights On Dash

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
ive never had a new car

bought a 94 in 96
and a 96 in 98 and now in 2001 i will have a 2001 no matter what problems it has!!!
they have to fix them!!! so i dont care!!!

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
i knew exactly what i was getting when i bought the is, and that is why im so happy with it. you shoulda popped the hood before buying it, no? sniffing too much yayo?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by ICE300:
it seems to me that everyone that bought the IS seems to end up complaining about everuthing about it... the only person i've heard that completely loves it is StockIS..... like the engine prop?..... does that really matter?...... taillights.... who would buy the car if u dunt like the tailights?...... iono bought u guys.... but the only thing that really pisses me off........ well.... that damn felt on the dash...... i hate that so much.... but thanks to Don im on my way 2 solving that problem.......

Juz my 2 pesos....

>=|

stockis3 wanted to get some aftermarket taillights...

·
Registered
96 Posts
can't believe this idiot kid purchased a car without ever raising the hood.
And with his tone he appears to be mad.
be madd at yourself kid!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by stockIS3:
can't believe this idiot kid purchased a car without ever raising the hood.
And with his tone he appears to be mad.
be madd at yourself kid!
Who are you to call me an idiot?? I'm also 23 years old not much of a Kid anymore
dic*****. Why would I pop the hood on a 2001 car with 0 miles ?? What would I be looking to see if there were any oil leaks?? When I test drove the car it felt great, and very responsive so why would I pop the hood? To see if the engine was there. Or maybe those sneaky dealers replaced the engine with a lawnmower engine, and me being the idiot you say I am got screwed b/c I never lifted up the hood to check.
You seem to be the one who is mad. Why would you insult someone for posting a simple opinion. I love my car and this is hardly a reason not to purchse one. I was just saying I didnt expect it on a Lexus thats all tough guy calm down no need for insults. Take some qualudes you silly basterd and calm down. TOnyFuchingMontana

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by is300soon:
ive never had a new car

bought a 94 in 96
and a 96 in 98 and now in 2001 i will have a 2001 no matter what problems it has!!!
they have to fix them!!! so i dont care!!!
It's my first NEW car too...besides, I don't plan on doing my own work...so I don't care if the mechanic has to prop the hood once in a while to change the oil.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
i knew exactly what i was getting when i bought the is, and that is why im so happy with it. you shoulda popped the hood before buying it, no? sniffing too much yayo?
Did somebody say yayo????(just kidding)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts