Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Ask El Chimo. I think he has some sets of the Yellows still.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm in the market for sways as well,

El Chino's got the yellows for a great price shipped overnight I believe. The reds are available through carson toyota.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
do you know a figure amount that someone can get them for?

a ballpark range....shipped to the eastcoast...?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I dont want to speak for any of the vendors, and I dont think they can post prices on the forums. Just pm El Chino or carson toyota, theyre both top-notch in customer service. Theyve both helped me and given me advice even though they knew I wasnt going to buy anything from them. Great guys, Rich and Steve.

·
Registered
721 Posts
get the TRD yellows and you will be happy....check the post about 5-9 down El chino is selling a brand new set for $370 Shipped.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Heres a breakdown, just because i'm bored:

Stock Sways:
Front Diameter: 27mm (Hollow)
Rear Diameter: 14mm (Solid)

Ltuned "Red" Sways (Eibach)
Price: ~$250
Front Diameter: 28mm (Solid)
Rear Diameter: 17mm (Solid)

TRD "Yellow" Sways
Price: ~$370
Front Diameter: 30mm (Solid)
Rear Diameter: 19mm (Solid)

And something everyone should consider, the hotchkis setup. .Net members who have them installed claim they are stiffer than the TRD Yellows :eek: .

Hotchkis Sways
Price: ~$300
Front Diameter: 32mm (Hollow)
Rear Diameter: 19mm (Hollow)

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Ali/ Immanis/Graphite......

I have a perfect set of A51 sways avail. used for a short time & in excellent shape...

they are reportedly VERY SIMILAR to the TRD yellows in roll stiffness etc
per a few others feedback & comments...

i have not driven the TRD yellos so i cannot say for sure.. .but i DID have the Eibach/ Ltuned & the A51's are much stiffer than those & they are a little bit less stiff than the Hotchkis setup that i am running now... so i do think they ARE very close to the TRD's & definitely cheaper......

....definitely worth considering :D $300 shipped anywhere or Installed if you are local.... :wink:

PS: the Hotchkiss sways were $300 for the rest of June in a promotional deal set up for us by Ganz/ JC after the Carson meet...

I am not sure they have NOT gone up to the retail price of 360-$380.... by now ... PLUS tax & shipping...better check that out...

edG

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
immanis said:
And something everyone should consider, the hotchkis setup. .Net members who have them installed claim they are stiffer than the TRD Yellows :eek: .
We're about to install the Hotchkis bars on one of cars right now (Steve and I are still fighting over them). They will replace the TRD Yellow bars we have. Just LOOKING at the Hotchkis bars, I think they are stiffer. They look pretty hardcore. ;)

Oh, yeah, we'll have them (the Hotchkis sways) in the store soon too. Yay.

·
Registered
382 Posts
i have a brand new set of the yellow sway bars i just got them but decided to sell them...if interested pm me but im not sure the exact price yet... i haven't paid for them yet so i have no idea how much i owe

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
WOW!!!

you can tell by just looking at them how stiff Sways are !!!!??

homeslice, you got DA SKILLZZZ!! That's why yer the Webmaster eh?

how are you on eyeballing spring rates...?? :lol: :lol:

:crazy: 8)

·
Registered
530 Posts
baby_is said:
i have a brand new set of the yellow sway bars i just got them but decided to sell them...if interested pm me but im not sure the exact price yet... i haven't paid for them yet so i have no idea how much i owe
Where do you shop man??? :crazy: :eek:

·
Registered
382 Posts
immanis said:
baby_is said:
Where do you shop man??? :crazy: :eek:
number one i dont think a male would have my screen name so that probably means i am a female :lol: just playing anyways i have a lot of friends and i have good credit so that is why i can take the merchandise first and pay later in fact i got these sways from lexus they ordered it for me...is anyone interested in my sways i have them sitting here in the box still it is still wrapped like it was just shipped.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts