Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title states, looking for a H3 connector so that I can hook up my Ltuned fogs. Let me know if you have one, thanks!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
You should be able to buy the the 9006 connector and harness at Kragen's or similar. That's where I bought mine in the past. You will just need to cut off your stock harness and then solder/connect the 9006 harness on; pretty simple overall.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
if you don't want to cut the car's wiring, just buy the rear fog H3 caps and splice into those

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where could I get that Chado? I thought I could just attach the connector to the foglight and then plug it into the stock harness.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Where could I get that Chado? I thought I could just attach the connector to the foglight and then plug it into the stock harness.
you have an '03

81215-53130 x2 and splice into those with the AutoZone/Kragen 9006 connectors

you can ignore this if you want to hardwire them with the 9006 connectors only, though

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Huh, Im really confused. Is the stock set up a 9006? I want to hook up the Ltuned ones to the set up already on the car.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
your stock setup is H3. L-Tuned is 9006 according to you. So your best bet is to take my advice :) Unless L-Tuned is H3 also

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought the stock was 9006. Haha, I was really confused. So I should look for an H3 connector then?

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
it's not an H3 connector. it's just the connector that the car uses to connect to the H3 fog connector. this is a car specific part. you'll have almost zero chance of finding this for sale. it's not expensive

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Ah I see well then I will change my title.
Actually, chado is correct. You can get new connectors, or you can replace the stock harness with 9006 harnesses to fit your LTuned fog lights.

I understand that the LTuned fogs use 9006 bulbs, which means you will either need to get a pair of 9006 harness and plugs, or do what chado is suggesting. I think it's easier to just cut off the stock H3 harness/plug and replace it and it's probably cheaper as well, but some people are worried about the splicing and soldering.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
anyone got any input if i'm doing the reverse? i've got an 02 and i'm putting 03 SD fogs in. i'm trying to make a plug-n-play harness so i can put the factory 9006's back in when i sell the car.

i'm gonna give lexus a call and see if they have the harness you mentioned in stock. hopefully if they do they'll let me get a look at it. unfortunately i think it's the opposite of what i need.

i've already got male and female 9006 plugs, i just need the lexus connector that plugs into the 03+ fogs

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i've already got male and female 9006 plugs, i just need the lexus connector that plugs into the 03+ fogs
you'll need to find the wiring that goes from the car to the plugs, probably some long wires will be included unless you can get them separately

Reactions: Seven0Three

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
damn that's what i was worried about, that wiring is incorporated into the front of the car... i actually did a little poking around under the hood and found that the parking lights in the headlights use the exact same plug (i plugged the harness directly in w/o issue).

found the p/n for the plug, dealership needs to special order them and they're about $11 a pop... if only there was a wrecked IS around i could just cut them off...

ah well, i got a few days to decide before my SD fogs come in. if need be i'll drop the $20 and call it a day.

if anyone is curious, the p/n for the plugs is: 90980-11156 :approve:

thanks for the info man, +rep

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was thinking of swapping the wiring harness with JPLexIS since I traded bumpers with him from OEM to L-Tuned. We're not too familiar with it all, is it easy to swap? Or is the connector the easier way?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
does anybody have pictures of these 2 different connectors? (2003+ models H3 and 2001-2002 9906)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts