Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a CDD due to a meeting with a lexus engineer to see about replacing my tranny. Mine is beat up from when I tried to gut it. So I figure he will notice its gone or see thats its beat up and assume I tampered with it and blame my tranny issues on my driving and modifications. I don't want to pay much for one since I hate what they do and will remove it after I get a new tranny.

If someone wanted to let me borrow one I'd pay shipping both ways, or if you just want to give me one I'll pay 2x shipping.

email: juztinvez[at]yahoo.com
or pm me and I can give you my number or whatever. I need it within a week or so. thanks

Justin

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Just asking, but you DID tamper with it - and you haven't stated what the issues with your transmission are, so they COULD possibly be due to your CDD.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The transmission has main shaft bearing failure. CDD affects the clutch which I haven't had any problems from. I'm just trying to eliminate any reason for lexus to bitch that it was my fault when its been doing this since I bought the car and before I removed the CDD. If it was from the CDD that would be all the more reason to get another one to replace it and see if it fixes it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the same failure and was able to warranty my transmission. I have just sold the car yet still have the CDD. PM me your address and offer to pay shipping and you can have it.

R

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
i think i have a couple in my office....how much?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Juztinvez said:
I need a CDD due to a meeting with a lexus engineer to see about replacing my tranny. Mine is beat up from when I tried to gut it. So I figure he will notice its gone or see thats its beat up and assume I tampered with it and blame my tranny issues on my driving and modifications. I don't want to pay much for one since I hate what they do and will remove it after I get a new tranny.

If someone wanted to let me borrow one I'd pay shipping both ways, or if you just want to give me one I'll pay 2x shipping.

email: juztinvez[at]yahoo.com
or pm me and I can give you my number or whatever. I need it within a week or so. thanks

Justin
On it's way via fedex.. enjoy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts