Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i was going to paint my heads black chrome by myself, and figured i need some matching tails. Anyone have a set of black chrome tails they'd like to sell for a reasonable price taht would match good with painted heads?

Thanks, Travis

·
Banned
371 Posts
why dont you just do the same thing?

if not.. there is a guy on here that custom paints them. Ask Phillzpeed i think. hes a mod.

·
Banned
371 Posts
cause doing the tails seem harder than headlights
they both have glue.. that you heat up to open up the lense.. and thats it.. lol

it all comes apart. I think there is even a write up on it if you search for it.

·
Premium Member
16,050 Posts
they both have glue.. that you heat up to open up the lense.. and thats it.. lol

it all comes apart. I think there is even a write up on it if you search for it.
tail lights do not have glue. you have to separate the lens from the housing with a dremel.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
i have a pair of black chrome tails.. driver side is brand new and passenger sideis slightly used but in very good condition. 300 plus shipping

·
Banned
371 Posts
tail lights do not have glue. you have to separate the lens from the housing with a dremel.
crap.. i retract my statement. its all one piece???

·
Banned
371 Posts
i wanted to take my lamo LED's apart and paint the insides gunmetal, and lightly smoke the inside of the lense..
you think its something I can do myself? or should I let someone experienced do it? I did an older car of mine this way.. but that was older.. so maybe not the same tail light structure.

Edit: didnt mean to thread jack. just curious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts