Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 is300 manual looking for a nice sounding exhaust.Not to loud and not to quiet.Something that gives a nice purrrrrrrr but not to loud where I hear it inside the cabin on a road trip....Let me know what you guys and gals got!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
820 Posts
this is a very subjective opinion. Depends on your idea of "not too quiet, not too loud."

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aemjr said:
this is a very subjective opinion. Depends on your idea of "not too quiet, not too loud."

Well just as I replied earlier something that is not to annoying at 80-90 mph mainly and at idle is not to noticable that mods have been done....I like the sleeper mode if you get what I'm trying to accomplish thats the best I can explain it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
firedoggnl said:
Hmmm and how is it at say 80-90 mph?cruising at highway speeds....
It's not too loud on the interstate. There are some clips floating around here with different setup sounds.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Almost all aftermakret exhaust for our cars will be a bit annoying at 90mph speeds since that would be like 3500 rpms for our car. I have the hks dragger II and its real quite but at those speeds you can def hear it. Maybe get an hks dragger II with a silencer, my buddy has a silencer on his and you can hardly tell he even has an exhaust.

·
Registered
94 Posts
A greddy is in my opion is good, and it just so happens i have one for sale. nice and quiet but comes alive when you want it to. PM me if you want to see pix.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SactownIS300 said:
A greddy is in my opion is good, and it just so happens i have one for sale. nice and quiet but comes alive when you want it to. PM me if you want to see pix.
Pm d ya......

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am actually looking for the rear section of my 02 IS where it bolts up to.Any1 got anything for that......Sorry for the confusion

·
Registered
55 Posts
i got a hks hyper bought it last week 340 and its urs its axel back by the way sounds great trading in the car must get rid ofpm me if interested

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Flatline IS said:
I've got a Stillen Exhaust. It sounds really nice. Not too ricey, very clean purr.... Check my FS thread...
Yeah Im interested in this brand......I like stillen products!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts