Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
wtb a block. just cant be a blown block or anything, cylinder walls needs to be in good condition. Socal please.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
I have a spare bare block, no crankshaft. It does have matchin main caps. However the block needs to be bored out, I am not sure how much. It's actually at the machine shop right now. We're going to machine it out exactly to 20 over and see how it comes out. If the walls cleans out at 20 over, it will be machined to specification of a Probe 86.5mm Forged Piston but if you have other specification for other pistons you are interested in just forward it over to me and it can be machined to those specs.

The block will be bored and honed for standard rings. If you have other rings in mind just let me know and it can be honed for whatever ring. Also it will be oven baked to get most of the rust and grease off. If the rust is still heavily on the iron it will be beat glassed. Which means all the wholes will need to be retapped. Deck surface will also be trued and decked out.

Probe Pistons are less than $400 plus cost of rings which are $86 a set, they are NPR rings. Unfortunately, due the limit application from Probe if it needs to be bored out anything over 20 over it will be up to you to figure out what pistons to go for.

If you need more details PM me. But my motor build currently should be able to handle 650-850 hp daily. Probe 20 over pistons, SCAT rods, clevite bearings.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any donates are welcome! bump

1 - 4 of 4 Posts