Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day!

To make a long story short, I'm trying to bring my project IS 300 back to life and I'm really tired of the "carbon fiber" trunk and hood. I'm looking for the following items:

(All are for 1st Gen IS300)

OEM Hood

OEM Trunk lid (with spoiler with third brake light preferred but not required)

MPG, Coolant temp, or Voltage Guage face

Switch covers for power seats (both sides) and the screws to attach the plastic bits to the sides of the chairs

Trunk release cable

Color doesn't matter on the body pieces; I plan on repainting anyways.

I'm located in Gilbert, AZ and can pickup. There was an IS over at the pull n save in Phoenix but they've since crushed it so unless someone wrecks in the near future, I'm SOL without you fine people. (I really hope nobody actually wrecks their car)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I don't know if you've looked around online. I imagine you're trying to get solid prices, but some of the things you're asking for don't get any cheaper than online, so I'll list the part numbers and some links for some of the things I think you can take advantage of.

Trunk release: (*Note I see you listed you specifically want the cable, so i'm not sure if these listing include it or not, since I don't think it has it's own part number.)

64600-53031

Seat switch covers:

As for your hood and trunk, I have the OEM ones, maybe a trade? Unfortunately my location is Florida, so shipping would be a thing :cautious:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seat switch covers:

First off, this is perfect! I don't know how you found these cause I spent hours on eBay and couldn't find these at all, so thank you very much for this!

I don't know if you've looked around online.

As for your hood and trunk, I have the OEM ones, maybe a trade? Unfortunately my location is Florida, so shipping would be a thing :cautious:
Yeah, I've looked online for some of the stuff. Shipping is a big issue with most of the parts I've found and I don't really want to pay the $400-$500 each for a brand new primed hood and trunk because I'd have to get them painted right away.

·
Registered
233 Posts
First off, this is perfect! I don't know how you found these cause I spent hours on eBay and couldn't find these at all, so thank you very much for this!
Haha, I spent a little more time than I'd like to admit trying to find them. But glad I was able to help!

Yeah, I've looked online for some of the stuff. Shipping is a big issue with most of the parts I've found and I don't really want to pay the $400-$500 each for a brand new primed hood and trunk because I'd have to get them painted right away.
I'd have to look into what shipping costs would be, but I would imagine it would be less than a new OEM hood.

How come you're wanting to get rid of yours? Are they in bad condition?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How come you're wanting to get rid of yours? Are they in bad condition?
The trunk lid isn't too bad, but the hood has seen better days. The previous owner put them on a while ago and they're fiberglass with a layer of carbon fiber so they've shrunk a bit in the heat and so the fit and finish isn't great anymore. The trunk is in better shape for sure, but definitely in need of some polishing.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The trunk lid isn't too bad, but the hood has seen better days. The previous owner put them on a while ago and they're fiberglass with a layer of carbon fiber so they've shrunk a bit in the heat and so the fit and finish isn't great anymore. The trunk is in better shape for sure, but definitely in need of some polishing.
Well I'm still down for a trade on the trunk provided it's in good enough condition, I'd have to pay for shipping for my part, and vise versa. Maybe if I want it badly enough I could subsidize your shipping costs by a percentage.

Do you know how much is weighs over the stock one?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm still down for a trade on the trunk provided it's in good enough condition...

Do you know how much is weighs over the stock one?
I'm not sure how much it weighs; it's a VIS racing part (according to the badge). It's in decent shape, but really the only issue is the finish has yellowed a cracked a bit from the sun. I'm sure it can be fixed, but I'll post some pictures to the thread after I get off work.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I did a little research and VIS states the weight of their trunk lids average about 13lbs, so I'll have to tear mine a part to see what it weighs

I also looked around and read that small cracks, and they can be repaired with an epoxy as long as it's just the top coat. But regardless, I plan to wrap it, so it shouldn't matter too much if we both go through with it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did a little research and VIS states the weight of their trunk lids average about 13lbs, so I'll have to tear mine a part to see what it weighs

I also looked around and read that small cracks, and they can be repaired with an epoxy as long as it's just the top coat. But regardless, I plan to wrap it, so it shouldn't matter too much if we both go through with it
Alright, I've got some pictures here. Excuse the dirt, I haven't had a chance to wash it this week and we had some rain and dust last weekend.
360A8690-0088-483F-A483-43F59036A6D5.jpeg
F70026AF-88A5-41E1-9F0F-910F68A6F495.jpeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts