Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
If my memory is correct...

0-60 in 5.9 seconds, $26K w/all options. Plus, keep in mind that it's all-wheel drive as well.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by droideka:
If my memory is correct...

0-60 in 5.9 seconds, $26K w/all options. Plus, keep in mind that it's all-wheel drive as well.
Wow...what a bargin... Great Bang for the Buck
Eric...

·
8,107 Posts
Autoexpress.co.uk compared the new WRX with the old Impreza Turbo (they changed the name), and they basically said the new one is much more refined, but a lot less fun:

"Those controversial new headlamps and name are not the only risks Subaru has taken with the Impreza WRX. The car is just as fast as the Turbo it replaces, and is easier to drive, with lighter controls, less weighty steering and smoother power delivery. But drivers have to do without the raw thrills which made the old car special. The WRX will be more appealing to buyers wanting refined, fast everyday transport, but enthusiasts will prefer the old model."

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well if you go based on Japanese prices, they cant increase it that much.. (Maybe $2000) or so. In thw magazine,Car Graphic I read that it prices the Subaru WRX at around 2,580,000 yen which is about $24,500 in US, so I wouldnt' be surprised if its about $26,000-$27,000 here. If it is they will sell alot.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Nice car but they really need to bring the Lancer and Cosworth over here. Ford and Mitsu would make a killing off those cars. Hopefully they will follow Subaru.

------------------
KP
94 6 speed
BPU

·
Registered
654 Posts
If the Lancer makes it over here before it's canned overseas, I really hope that they don't neuter it's 276HP (~300HP actual) twin turbo engine. Just give us the JDM model with left hand drive! (or German Lancer which is already LHD)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who knows, if Subaru does well with the WRX, then maybe Mitsu will bring the Lancer Evo, Honda will bring the Accord Euro-R, Nissan will bring the GTR and we will have world peace.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Mitsubishi's reason for not bring over the Evo is that they cannot compete with the Camry and Accord's price. The cheapest they can sell the car is a little bit under $30K, and they are afraid that this is too expensive when compare to Camry, Accord, and Maxima. This is not the car that can compete with the IS300/3series/C-class/A4 market, it just doesn't have the luxury needed to do so. And many people do you know out there that will buy a $30K sedan that is in the same class as Camry? People don't usually care about the power and don't want the stiff ride that Lancer offers.
On the other hand, I never quite understood why Nissan decides to design a brand new 300Z for U.S. when they can just bring the Skyline over here. I think they just want to keep the good for themselves.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the link TEG, that was one of first reviews I've read about the new WRX.

As far as performance cars, I don't think Americans will go for a performance sedan that looks like a econobox (Lancer Evo is based on the Mitsu Mirage platform) but can beat the M3. That view is slowly changing (hence the Is300 and WRX). I'd like to think that if Nissan had brought cars like the Skyline GT-R and Sylvia over to the US earlier they wouldn't have gone bankrupt.

[This message has been edited by Chiphead (edited November 01, 2000).]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
Chiphead
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing