Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I recently bought an act clutch kit for my factory 5 speed 05 is300 and the throwout bearing jusr doesn't fit, I reached out to them and they said thsr its because my csr is a "sport is300" is why the throwout bearing doesn't fit. Should I just buy an oem one tob and run that? Or has anyone else had this issue? ACT® TS5-HDSS - Heavy Duty Street Single Disc Clutch Kit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sport makes no difference. Same tranny and everything. If your car is factory stock.
That's why I'm so confused on why it doesn't fit, especially since everything else seems to match up really well. Unless act made a mistake and sent me the wrong tob

·
Registered
110 Posts
just installed that same kit in my car a few weeks ago. the throw out bearing fits BUT the metal retainer that came with it doesn't.
I just reused my old retainer on the new throw out bearing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just installed that same kit in my car a few weeks ago. the throw out bearing fits BUT the metal retainer that came with it doesn't.
I just reused my old retainer on the new throw out bearing.
My kit didn't even come with a new retainer 😂 they had to have messed something up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Contact ACT if the company you bought from will not make it right or swap it out.
Yeah they said they would refund me if I send everything back, but they also said they "don't have a kit that will fit your sport is300" so I just bought. TOB and gonna use that the clutch and pressure plate look basicly
identical to what was already in the car

·
4,296 Posts
Sounds like they just do not care. Should have bought from a place that does real performance supplies. Like Figs or Summit Racing for examples.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts