Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the one post I thought I would never have to do in a long time....:cry: My car has been wrecked :cry: I was driving down the highway at about 70mph when I was taking a turn my rear wheel kinda lifted up, I tried to sway back to straighten the car, but when I did, that's when I hit the rural road. When I tried to straighten out the car, that is when I rolled over twice on the rural road, I am ok, but the car is another story. It sucks seen all that work that a lot of my friends and myself put into that car all go away, but it's just one of those things in life that happens. :cry:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/repasinc/lst?.dir=/Wercked+IS+300&.view=t

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
sorry man

at least your alright though thats pretty good that u walked off ok since you rolled over twice

btw are you going to part out your car?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Damn sweet car you had but it's sad to see it go away. Sorry to hear what happen just as long you are ok. I hope everything works out for you in the long run.

-Ringo

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
ouch!!!

glad to hear your ok though. What are you going to replace it with?

It dosent seem to have that much damage on the driver side tho.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
bet you it still runs :D

shiet claim total loss, buy your car back at auction, n now you got plenty extra parts: motor, tranny, interior :p as spares!

sorry to hear you flipped like that , were you just driving casual or were you driving AGGRESSISVE?

go get a new is 2004 speed :eek:

·
2,360 Posts
WOW! :eek: That sure does suck. You're very lucky to have walked away. I am assuming you were wearing your seatbelt.
The damage looks pretty minor for having rolled twice though. The roof structure of the IS must be pretty rigid.

·
Registered
121 Posts
alredxiii said:
This is the one post I thought I would never have to do in a long time....:cry: My car has been wrecked :cry: I was driving down the highway at about 70mph when I was taking a turn my rear wheel kinda lifted up, I tried to sway back to straighten the car, but when I did, that's when I hit the rural road. When I tried to straighten out the car, that is when I rolled over twice on the rural road, I am ok, but the car is another story. It sucks seen all that work that a lot of my friends and myself put into that car all go away, but it's just one of those things in life that happens. :cry:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/repasinc/lst?.dir=/Wercked+IS+300&.view=t
Hi, Could you please tell me in details what happend? I had a similar incident and I am lucky to be alive ;-) so, I have hired a lawyer to go after Lexus and find out what happend, in my case it was a difect in a lower control arm... Please let me know. THanks, -Oleg.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Damn bro, sorry to hear about this. Glad to hear you are ok!!! You can always get another car.........

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Man, I am so sorry to hear that. I am glad that you are ok and hopefully things work out well with the insurance. The good thing I guess is that you can change anything on your car that would have done differently.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm no insurance adjuster, but that wreck is a total if I've ever seen one.
As we say around here, "Wrecked 'um (rectum)? Hell, damn near killed 'um!".
If you find out yours was a control arm too, please advise us all of the issue so we can inspect our cars for the same problem. I'll have to go back and look at your pics, but if your suspension was slammed there might have been some suspension geometry or stress loading issues Good luck with the claim.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I was pretty confident taking the turn at the speed I was going. Approaching the turn I figure I'd better chill on the speed. Slightly applied the brakes a little after I entered the turn. Next thing I know my rear swung out.

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
damn bro! hope your doing okay! make sure to go to the doctor for anythign! =( sucks abuot your car, but the best thing about it is that your NOT hurt, hang tough u can always rebuild or make a new baby! :D :chill:

·
Registered
831 Posts
damn... sorry to hear that..

so what are you goona do with your car? are you gonna part out?

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
just tell him u want his grill!

David

·
Registered
831 Posts
haha..
i already bought TRD girll... i just want to see if he wants to sell tom's rear strut bar...

is300soon said:
just tell him u want his grill!

David

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Hope to see you back in another IS or another cool car in the future. Glad you are ok.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts