Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is my current build, in the middle of changing wraps right now. Just wanted some opinions and had a question about the fitment on my oem altezza front bumper not lining up well with my altezza fenders, right where the fender meets the bumper. Not sure as to why I would have fitment issues with that, any input would be great. Also want to see some other builds, so feel free to post yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is my current build, in the middle of changing wraps right now. Just wanted some opinions and had a question about the fitment on my oem altezza front bumper not lining up well with my altezza fenders, right where the fender meets the bumper. Not sure as to why I would have fitment issues with that, any input would be great. Also want to see some other builds, so feel free to post yours.
here is a pic of my fitment issue, I have altezza fenders so was surprised this was the same issue I had with my used

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have actually just realized what the issue was, fender mounting tab near the headlight is too long, which is bulging the fender out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have altezza fenders and bumpers on mine, and they fit together fine with the right clips and stuff. But the USA head lights don't fit very well, you have to modify stuff a lot to get them to fit together. Looks like you might have to do some more trimming
So are there different kinds of OEM fitment regarding swapping between bumpers and fenders? I pretty sure I have seen TRD NEO's with USA reflectors on the sides (I guess this is L-tuned, my mistake)

L-Tuned

IS200 or Altezza
I just guess it depends for me. Cause for speed reasons I guess I'd rather go with the L-Tuned. Looks like the Altezza lights have more of a flare in them compared to the more straight angled USA ones?

·
Mr. Roo
9,498 Posts
The fenders and bumper mount to the car the same way, the difference is that the USA version has 2 screws into the fender, and the JDM version has one screw and a pin. The head lights are the same lens shape, but the back is very different especially where it bolts to the fender. So, if you use USA head lights on JDM fenders or vice versa, you're gonna have a bad time. But with enough cutting and/or hammering, I've managed to fit them together a few times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Going to be embarking on this soon. Will you run into the same troubles with USDM fenders and headlights with JDM front bumper?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The fenders and bumper mount to the car the same way, the difference is that the USA version has 2 screws into the fender, and the JDM version has one screw and a pin. The head lights are the same lens shape, but the back is very different especially where it bolts to the fender. So, if you use USA head lights on JDM fenders or vice versa, you're gonna have a bad time. But with enough cutting and/or hammering, I've managed to fit them together a few times.
I posted a quick response after my post realizing that my tabs needed to be shaved, as far as getting the headlights to fit I did have to shave a lot and shave the mounts off the usdm headlights and now they fit decent. it is def a pain in the ass though and I only have one bolt holding on the headlight so sketchy but so far no issues . thanks for feedback.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going to be embarking on this soon. Will you run into the same troubles with USDM fenders and headlights with JDM front bumper?
aside from front crash bar removal, I don't think you'll have any crazy issues . I went jdm fenders because it was actually cheaper than replacing and they are slightly wider .

·
Registered
49 Posts
aside from front crash bar removal, I don't think you'll have any crazy issues . I went jdm fenders because it was actually cheaper than replacing and they are slightly wider .
Wait how much wider? Like 5mm? Also I'm confused, The L-Tuned car I posted has JDM fenders with USDM headlights (supposedly if otherwise), with a USDM L-Tuned Neo Bumper?!?
So is fender fitment way different?

Edit: A oil cooler could go in for the crash-bar area, or a larger intercooler, or what I was planing on doing is making a custom bash-bar like reinforcement with chromoly steel matching the inside lines on the Neo V1 allowing for a big intercooler while having good protection.

·
Mr. Roo
9,498 Posts
swapping just the JDM bumper will be fine, as long as you have the JDM crash bar/foam for underneath (or remove the USA one)
I posted a quick response after my post realizing that my tabs needed to be shaved, as far as getting the headlights to fit I did have to shave a lot and shave the mounts off the usdm headlights and now they fit decent. it is def a pain in the ass though and I only have one bolt holding on the headlight so sketchy but so far no issues . thanks for feedback.
Yeah my head lights only have one of those nuts on the back too. Lots of hammering and shaving and cutting on the fenders and head lights lol. No issues with things holding in place or fitting perfectly

Wait how much wider? Like 5mm? Also I'm confused, The L-Tuned car I posted has JDM fenders with USDM headlights (supposedly if otherwise), with a USDM L-Tuned Neo Bumper?!?
So is fender fitment way different?
I never heard of the fenders being wider, and I don't see why they would be. If they are, I never noticed. I believe it's all exactly the same, the only difference is the sidemarker and headlight mount.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts