Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
What's all this, then?
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lexus is offering great deals on the GS300 right now, and I've been looking at the SportDesign GS300. Whaddya think?

·
8,880 Posts
Personally?
No. No Manual, no deal. 8)

·
What's all this, then?
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
XCstud said:
no way. i don't like to throw my money away on automobiles' depreciation.

I agree...maybe "trade" was the wrong word. Let's say that your lease is up, the '04 IS isn't available yet & you need a car...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Go for it....

Iif the GS is what you really want. If you dont mind a slower car w/o a manual tranny but much more roomier, I think its a great deal right now. You can't go wrong with a GS.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
if you need the room.... yes
but i've driven my brother-in-law's gs300 - substantially bigger/heavier, doesn't handle that well, maybe a little underpowered, but nice sound system...... ...so imo, no.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not a chance...

I traded up from a 99 GS to my IS.

The GS was a nice smooth ride, but not fun.
It was like driving while sitting on a couch.

·
What's all this, then?
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info, especially from the drivers. Keep it coming...I gotta decide today!

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
I have been thinking about doing the same thing. I need the extra room, I don't drive like a mad-man, so I don't really need the sporty handling of the IS.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The GS300's are very very nice cars...as people have said they are very roomy and more luxurious than our IS300's...but since its a pretty big car the handling and power is going to be down form your IS300...itd probably take some time to get used too driving it....

·
Registered
96 Posts
The GS is a really nice car and the SportDesign package is a beauty. The larger question is do you want a larger car? The GS is more a family sedan where the IS is a sport sedan. Also no manual available but that may not matter to you. If it was me I'd stick with an IS. The GS is just not my style. It's more a style question. Which car reflects your personality more?

Hope you can make a quick desision. Will the dealer extend your lease a few months?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I definitely wouldn't. Even if you get a killer deal, the GS is overpriced. Let's say you can steal it for $34K, that's still about $4K more than a decently equipped G35 sedan. The G will outrun, outgun and outhandle the GS, all while delivering generous room in a 4 door sedan. The only trade-off is a little less luxury in the cabin. And just like Lexus, Infiniti's reliability is excellent. After driving both, I liked the IS better than the G35, but if I had needed more room, I would have got the G. Best of all the G35 is available with a proper transmission, a 6speed manual. Only problem is the 6spd G's are hard to get deals on because they're still in short supply. No wonder, with a 0-60 time of 5.7 seconds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts