Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is a 5 speed Manual with aftermarket mods such as Short Ram Intake, Tenzo Apex 5 Wheels, Tanabe Racing Medallion Exhaust. It has the leather trimmed seats with the swade in the middle. I believe thats what it is. It has the 6 CD Changer and Traction Control. I dont know much about the IS300's yet but I am very interested in getting one after what happened to my RX8. The only drawback to this IS300 is that it has 71k Miles on it. If I got this IS300 I would sell my RX8's Catback & Midpipe for around $750 and buy a Midpipe and Lowering Springs for the IS300.

But my main question is "Is a Used 2002 Lexus IS300 with 71k Miles really worth $20,000?" Thats the lowest the dealership will go even for their employees. Luckily I have a friend who works there that would just sell it to me and him not get any profit off of the car at all.

Ill be waiting for those replies. :p

EDIT :

I have already test drove it and the only thing wrong with it was the throttle response. My friend said it was most likely because of the Dirty Air Filter. Have any of you had this problem before?

Thanks for your information.

EDIT :

Also when I was on the test drive it said it was averaging 30mpg or so. Thats phenominal compared to my whopping 12-15mpg with the RX8.

·
Registered
926 Posts
You can fine one for a cheaper price then that with lower miles
That is pretty high 71k. I a good deal IMO

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BumbleCat said:
You can fine one for a cheaper price then that with lower miles
That is pretty high 71k. I a good deal IMO

Yeah I know I can find one for a cheaper price then that with less miles. But the only thing is I cant find any "Manuals" with less miles and a better price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Diabolic Serenity said:
Yeah I know I can find one for a cheaper price then that with less miles. But the only thing is I cant find any "Manuals" with less miles and a better price.

It sounds like you want it. Just get it you won't be disappointed. There's always going to be a better deal.

If you still think it's too high then offer 18,500 and see what happens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my 2002 with 24,000 miles last October for $21,600. I recommend either finding a lower mileage one or pay less for one with that many miles.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
finding a GGP 5speed w/LSD is mighty hard. finding a 5speed w/LSD in general is a difficult feat. especially in the condition the tranny and LSD is in. pristine and smooth like it is new.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
George, was yours a manual? Finding a 5-spd is hard, AltezzaBob is right, finding one in GGP w/LSD in good condition is harder.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
are u sure theyre tenzo Apex 5's and not volks? i dont think many, or if any ppl have been able to fit tenzos b/c they hae different offset or something...a couple members and myself werent able to get the passion 5's on so maybe theyre volk SF challenges?! lol =D

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
$20,000 for a 2002 5-speed IS300 with 71,000 miles seems like they are asking a little much. not that it really matters, but i would check www.kbb.com and maybe get a better idea of what the market is looking like pricing wise. (kbb.com not working properly on my work computer)

www.edmunds.com's used car appraise actually says a dealer retail could ask about: $21,189 in clean condition. But, edmunds is usually pretty high in their appraisals.

just to give you an idea, I bought a 2002 5-speed with 10K miles for only $21,995 and that was 2 and a half years ago. so i guess take that for what its worth.

good luck. hope that helps.

·
Registered
63 Posts
71k miles is a lot..... regardless of what kbb says I still wouldnt pay it. With lower miles the odds are in your favor of getting a good car but all in all its still hit or miss.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought one with a little over 80k for $16,500. It's a fully loaded yellow e-shift. A friend of mine had another kid and had to get rid of it quick. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I did a KBB Check and it came out to be $19,185. Keep in mind that this one already has an ??? Intake, Tanabe Exhaust, and Tenzo Wheels. Take in to consideration that the Intake was probably $150, Tanabe Exhaust $500, and I dont know how much the wheels cost.

Anyways its either pay $20,000 for a 5spd IS300 with 71k miles with 4dr 5 seater or pay $24,500 for a 12k miles 350z 6spd 2dr 2seater Base Model.

As much as I would like to get a 350Z its just not practical for me because I carry alot of my friends around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts