Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I bumped into an old high-school friend last weekend. We were both surprised to see her, especially since she has changed QUITE a bit. In school, she was a cheerleader/pep squad type, perfect shape and one of the hottest girls in school. Now, a husband (who we also went to school with) and 2 kids later, she has, um....added a bit of girth, if you get me.

Her and Jai exchanged #s and talked later that night. Apparently, since her husband is still in good shape, he has a problem with her size and is threatening to leave her if she doesnt do something about it. *keeping my opinion of him to myself*

So my question is, if you were dating or married to the person of your dreams, would you be able to overlook something like this, or would you be so uncomfortable that you wouldnt be able to stay with them?

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Well... in my younger and shallower days I did break up with girls for this reason. I was very active at the time and ate like a horse - and I guess they came along for the ride without the workouts. :)

So I just found an anorexic(sp?) girl last time around and when she put on the weight it wasn't that bad. We're still together. ;)

Giving a woman a hard time about her weight is the worst thing you can do if you want her to get in shape. It'll just make her more stressed and make it harder to lose weight even if she is eating less.

It's just a biological function of the body - stress makes it very difficult to lose weight. You body thinks that stress means coming famine and starts storing all it can. I know - I must be pretty freaking stressed!

-Justin
I'm in shape! Round is a shape!

·
Registered
19,381 Posts
If my husband he got really fat? I wouldn't divorce him. I'd be worried that he would drop dead of a heart attack at too young an age. Since I do the cast majority of the cooking/shopping, I would try to control his diet back down to a reasonable size and encourage him to hit the gym.

We all are going to change as we get older and that's a fact.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If my wife got fat, I think I'll still keep her. I'll just ride this marriage thing out.

Hey aubie, if your gf got fat, would you still love her?

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
If I loved her, I wouldn't leave her, but I would definately encourage her to lose the weight.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
No, I wouldn't.

That's superficial, and if you're going to leave someone for what they look like on the outside then you never truly loved them in the first place.

You've got to be willing to help them and support them, if you leave...They are just going to get WORSE.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Benign said:
go with asians, they dont gain weights like caucasians do after marriage !
Of course, this is not applicable in Hawai'i where the local diet can make almost anyone gain weight. :wink:

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
I wouldn't break up with my S/O (not that I have one) if he gained weight. I guess if it got to the point that he wouldn't go out and only wanted to stay home and eat, then I might have a problem with it. I would try to motivate him to work out and eat heathly though, I would hate for him to have weight-related health problems.

I was watching Rikki Lake the other day and this guy told his wife he was leaving her because she put on weight. So she asked him why he continued to bring her junk food and desserts if he really wanted her to lose weight. He said it was to prove she had no will power or self control. I thought that was so wrong.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
if my man ever got fat, I would send him walking...well, not really, my biggest concern would be health related...he would have to be really fat to not be so damn cute :D

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Do you guys know that during a vigorous love makeing session you burn 6 calories a min? If you have a fat partner, just bones the shit out of em regularly and you should see results in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
DJPoop said:
Do you guys know that during a vigorous love makeing session you burn 6 calories a min? If you have a fat partner, just bones the shit out of em regularly and you should see results in a few weeks.
Hahahahaha.

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
O3 said:
So how do you all calculate the ideal body weight?
I'm 5'10" 160lbs, too big?
It all depends on how the person carries their weight. I like tall guys (preferably over 6'0"), broad shouldered, and solid, not huge and fat though. I wouldn't even be attracted to a guy that was a bag of bones.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
DJPoop said:
I thought sex is more like a cardiac exercise similar with running/jogging/threadmill/etc?

Well... nevermind... it's probably depending on which sex position....

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
21 Participants
Ruiner
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing