Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you guys have collision work done by another shop other than Lexus? There is a shop here that does collision work on Ferraris, Jaguars, etc. and the work looks good. My concern is whether or not the color can be matched exactly or to my liking, the Diamond White Pearl. I need to have the trunk and spoiler repaired and am debating going there. Would you guys rather stick with Lexus doing the work?

·
Registered
231 Posts
here's my two cents on body work. for the most part.... a good body shop is a good body shop...period. in fact, many dealership don't even have their own shops. many of the body shops on dealers' are often private businesses who rent space from the dealers. i've had experience with several body shops, all of whom have worked as private businessmen on dealer's property.

body work is bascially parts, labor, and artistry. as long as the body shop can get lexus parts that are needed, you just have to find a competent artist.

·
Registered
231 Posts
sorry....i ended my reply by accident.

the other thing to take into account is quality control. having the work done through a lexus dealer does provide an added layer of quality control for your peace of mind. additionally, if the car is leased, lexus may insist upon doing the work. can't hurt the resale value either. a vehicle history report with "lexus" looks better than "joe's auto body."

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Why stick w/ lexus? they'll just overcharge you! I had work done on my IS when some jackarse tried to steal it... The dealership didn't even have a bodyshop, and had to send it over to their toyota branch to have it fixed.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I don't live near you but I would definately find a good body shop in your area I take all my cars to a privat dude calle Precision autobody. Color match has always been dead on and that includes work I had done on a nugget yellow 90 vw corrado G60 that was fairly sun faded. If the place is good the work is good. alot of times you'll find some Nascar fan type guy that loves cars soo much, its all the quality control you need. Dealerships almost always send their cars out anyway and add like 20% to the tab so . . .

·
Registered
653 Posts
Just find out where Lexus does there body work. Most dealerships dont do the work at their shop. I found out where my dealership does there cars and thats where I take it to get fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts