Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
don't know. acura has nice cars, i especially like the RL's looks but i dont know much about the company and i dont consider acura to honda like lexus to toyota, if you knwo what i mean, people dont say Acura and think luxury as opposed to riced out integras, and thats just their public image, well, at least to us young guys. but i would buy import over domestic, its something us "imports" are born with i guess...

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
service means a lot to me too, so i might have considered something else if it were a toyota or acura. if it was a toyota i would definately NOT have gotten it at ventura Toyota.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes. As long as I did not see too many similarities from the Honda line. That was one of my issues with the Civic->Intregra and Accord->TL->CL. The same reason why I would not buy an ES300. I can get a b*tchen Camary for less.

Later.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I would buy it. I have nothing against Acura and I think they make reliable cars. (I actually like hondas more than toyota)

but for me.. style is very important

but if is300 was made by ford or GM, I won't buy it

·
Registered
455 Posts
I would buy from any car manufacturer that makes the NSX
But seriously, Acura makes very reliable cars and as far as I know they have pretty good customer service as well.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Originally posted by 3Double0:
I would buy from any car manufacturer that makes the NSX
But seriously, Acura makes very reliable cars and as far as I know they have pretty good customer service as well.
Yeah I agree, I went to the Acura dealer around my house and a sales person came up to me and didn't harass me like some sales people do and try to force me into a car. It was a good experience. When i went to the Lexus dealer, they wouldn't give me the time of day even though i was drooling all over their IS300. I haven't tried any other dealers than those two lately though so it might have changed a bit

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I probably won't, I never liked the name Acura. I would prefer they put NSX under Honda rather than Acura. And the thing is most Acura dealer sucks when it comes to servicing the car. I know they have pretty good sales people but their service department usually is as bad as Honda's, at least that's the case around here. However, from our experience, Toyota is actually worse than Honda, and I don't get why they cannot service their customer as good as Lexus?

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Hmm, wouldn't the service depend on the dealer themselves rather than honda or toytota or ford or bmw or whatever? Or the General Manager of a District, like the Ray Catena's in NJ.

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
455 Posts
I guess it really depends on the dealership and the people who work there. Lexus is usually known for its superior customer service and friendly salespeople where as BMW is known for snobby salespeople and rude service. One of my friends, however, ultimately went with a 328ci becuase he felt like he was treated like sh*t at a Lexus dealership.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by Daniel:
I probably won't, I never liked the name Acura. I would prefer they put NSX under Honda rather than Acura. And the thing is most Acura dealer sucks when it comes to servicing the car. I know they have pretty good sales people but their service department usually is as bad as Honda's, at least that's the case around here. However, from our experience, Toyota is actually worse than Honda, and I don't get why they cannot service their customer as good as Lexus?
you're uninformed. acura provided me such top-notch service that if they continue to make good cars, they've got me for a loooong time.

they delivered my car to my house. i signed my paperwork in my florida room with my sales rep. we had a beer and joked around a bit. he left. a few days later, he called me and said my "type s" badge had come in (my car was delivered without it...they don't attach them at the dealer, because kids steal them), and when can he meet me at my house to put it on? that night, he drove out to my house, attached the badge, and left. exactly two days later, he calls me in my office and says, "my records show your CL wasn't waxed before delivery...may i come pick it up, have it waxed for you, and drop it back off?" he came to my office, got it, waxed the car, and delivered back to me, all before i went home. he left me a brand-new TL as a loaner, though i didn't use it.

anytime i have an issue with my car that needs shop work, he'll come and get it and leave a loaner in its place.

i can't argue with that level of service.

oh, and btw -- anytime i'm in the area and bored, i bag a free car wash. heh.

·
Registered
816 Posts
My other car is an Acura ('91 Integra, still sitting in my driveway, being prepped for sale), and the level of service I received from Claremont Acura/Thomas Acura is nowhere near the level of pampering I get at Longo Lexus/Crown Lexus/Mission Viejo Lexus. It's not to say that Acura service was particularly bad, but that Lexus service is heads-and-shoulders above. Again, these are my experiences and I listed the dealerships to avoid overgeneralization.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I think the service, to me, is an added bonus.. I've never received that level of service and I don't expect it really.. but like I said, its nice.. for me I'm basically looking for a step up.. I'm looking for an appealing car, nice ride, something more luxurious than a Civic, and decent power.. I love the fact the CL-S has 260hp, but I'm not too cool with that much power to the front wheels.. anyways, if Acura were to make an IS300 and it were the same car, essentially, I'd be on it like flies on sh*t..

·
Registered
666 Posts
If I had a choice between an Acura IS300 and a Lexus IS300...

I would still choose the Lexus because of the name brand. Yes both are quality cars, provide quality service, etc etc...

But the general public knows the Lexus name, and Lexus quality thus the Lexus brand. That's what branding gives you, is that recognition or prestige...like BMW and MBs.

Acuras are good cars, but just don't carry that same prestige...yet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have had excellent service experiences with both Acura and Lexus. In fact, I would have to say I had better luck with the Acura dealer overall.

BMW dealers have been the worst for me so far. I tried all three dealers here in St. Louis and one in Kansas City and none of them came even close to Lexus or Acura.

As far as buying an IS300 if it was an Acura I would definitely consider it. I would even consider an Acura instead of a Lexus if they had a model that appealed to me. The TL seemed way too cramped and the CL comes only as a coupe. I haven't sat in one, but is the CL as cramped as the TL?

Jeff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts