Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
Yes, it does. Trust me, I tried to have mine warranteed after it blew.

In fact, TWO DAYS before my tranny blew, I had my car into lexus to replace my rear main oil seal under warranty, which they did. They had to pull my tranny down in order to do this. Even though I could prove that lexus manipulated my transmission 2 days before it failed, they still would not warantee it.

-Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,996 Posts
goldark said:
would the dealership care?
anyone try to get it replaced and got denied???
In curious y none of you turbo guys didnt uninstall your turbos and go in for warranty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,094 Posts
Sentinel said:
goldark said:
would the dealership care?
anyone try to get it replaced and got denied???
In curious y none of you turbo guys didnt uninstall your turbos and go in for warranty
"uninstalling" a turbo is easier said than done...I can't imagine doing that...wow what a pain in the ass!

To future turbo owners: If you plan on going turbo and than later on going back to stock, DON'T get a turbo.
 

·
Not Officially Back
Joined
·
12,205 Posts
lil' IS 300 said:
Sentinel said:
goldark said:
would the dealership care?
anyone try to get it replaced and got denied???
In curious y none of you turbo guys didnt uninstall your turbos and go in for warranty
"uninstalling" a turbo is easier said than done...I can't imagine doing that...wow what a pain in the ass!

To future turbo owners: If you plan on going turbo and than later on going back to stock, DON'T get a turbo.
That's why you get an s/c. =D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Sentinel said:
goldark said:
would the dealership care?
anyone try to get it replaced and got denied???
In curious y none of you turbo guys didnt uninstall your turbos and go in for warranty
Sure if you have the time and do it yourself. Unfortunately any F/I kit is not as trivial as it might seem. It will take an average DIY about 4 days to install our Stage 2. Say about 2 days to undo and another 3 to redo. So you are looking at about 5 days for the whole process, not trivial.

dasgalloway said:
That's why you get an s/c. =D
Not true, if you get any F/I that incorporates an FMIC, you are looking at similar time frames for install/uninstall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,294 Posts
Swift Racing Technologies said:
Sure if you have the time and do it yourself. Unfortunately any F/I kit is not as trivial as it might seem. It will take an average DIY about 4 days to install our Stage 2.

DAMN! I'll take that bet.... If i can get a Stage 2 completely installed in a day. do I qualify for a substancial discount?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
769 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
Swift Racing Technologies said:
Sure if you have the time and do it yourself. Unfortunately any F/I kit is not as trivial as it might seem. It will take an average DIY about 4 days to install our Stage 2.

DAMN! I'll take that bet.... If i can get a Stage 2 completely installed in a day. do I qualify for a substancial discount?
Install/Uninstall time trials. Coming soon to a garage near you! Maybe BOI could add this as a new event! :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BigDaddyRich said:
Swift Racing Technologies said:
Sure if you have the time and do it yourself. Unfortunately any F/I kit is not as trivial as it might seem. It will take an average DIY about 4 days to install our Stage 2.

DAMN! I'll take that bet.... If i can get a Stage 2 completely installed in a day. do I qualify for a substancial discount?
local shop did it in 20 hours.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
goldark said:
BigDaddyRich said:
Swift Racing Technologies said:
Sure if you have the time and do it yourself. Unfortunately any F/I kit is not as trivial as it might seem. It will take an average DIY about 4 days to install our Stage 2.

DAMN! I'll take that bet.... If i can get a Stage 2 completely installed in a day. do I qualify for a substancial discount?
local shop did it in 20 hours.
Yes a shop will definitely do it faster, I was talking about the average DIY (Do It Yourself) working in his/her garage.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top