·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-I am awaiting the arrival of my IS300, possibly in march/april
-I just sold my truck but kept my 17 inch VOLK GT-Ns.... 40 series tires
-Wondering if any of you are running 17s, or it might be too small
-OPINIONS please
-One more catch, I am planning on dumping the car to the tire or maybe tuck tire so that might help the issue of the rims being a little too small
-Here is a PIC of the rims on my old truck...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Those are nice, but 18's would be sweet. But still, if u can't get money for the rims or something. i'd just say use those, cuz those are sweet.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
-I am kind of debating because my car is going to take 3-4 months to come in and the rims I want (BLACK 18 inch VOLK TE37s) take UP TO 3 months also...
-But then Im thinking, I already have rims.... why not spend that money on a system... JL AUDIO 1000/1 and a 12w7
-Anyone have pics of a DUMPED IS300 on 17s? im HOPING that if I lower the car low enough it won't matter on the size, LOL

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
charchar said:
Ill take them if you decide to get diff wheels! :p
-LOL... SURE, GIMME $1700 and they're yours...
-5 months NEW ($2200) ... tires are in GREAT condition and it comes with caps...

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ProjectIS said:
You can get it brand new for $1800
-RIMS, TIRES, AND CAPS?
-That's a good deal... Where at? Just in case I order my NEXT set of rims I want to know where rims can be sold for this cheap....

·
Registered
660 Posts
dut said:
-I am awaiting the arrival of my IS300, possibly in march/april
-I just sold my truck but kept my 17 inch VOLK GT-Ns.... 40 series tires
-Wondering if any of you are running 17s, or it might be too small
-OPINIONS please
-One more catch, I am planning on dumping the car to the tire or maybe tuck tire so that might help the issue of the rims being a little too small
-Here is a PIC of the rims on my old truck...

please don't do that to your car... it's a lexus for goodness sake. if you were gonna drop the junk outta a car you shoulda bought something people would expect it from (ie - maybe a civic).

keep it classy not trashy

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
please don't do that to your car... it's a lexus for goodness sake. if you were gonna drop the junk outta a car you shoulda bought something people would expect it from (ie - maybe a civic).

-hahaha, JOKES...
-this guy is cool with his "JDM DASH" AND "JDM ANTENNA"
-if you wanted to be so "JDM" maybe you WILL consider getting volks too...
-if I wanted a CLASSY car, the I.S 300 would NOT have been my choice...
-You don't have to bash on civics, you probably look down on civics because you get owned by them daily
-maybe if you get your "future" mods (intake and exhaust) you might be able to keep up with civics... YEA RIGHT!

·
Registered
660 Posts
dut said:

-hahaha, JOKES...
-this guy is cool with his "JDM DASH" AND "JDM ANTENNA"
-if you wanted to be so "JDM" maybe you WILL consider getting volks too...
-if I wanted a CLASSY car, the I.S 300 would NOT have been my choice...
-You don't have to bash on civics, you probably look down on civics because you get owned by them daily
-maybe if you get your "future" mods (intake and exhaust) you might be able to keep up with civics... YEA RIGHT!
i never said i was cool because i had a dash tray in my car - who gives a flip nobody notices it but me - it's for FUNCTIONALITY not looks. The only thing for looks is the short antenna and yeah that's such a big deal. Two JDM things and you're calling me mr. jdm - get your facts straight.

point is, that truck is piss ugly and you couldn't pay me enough to drive it. and dropping a luxury sports sedan like that also looks trashy. get a life or get a honda :bitching:

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
ISthree00 said:
point is, that truck is piss ugly and you couldn't pay me enough to drive it. and dropping a luxury sports sedan like that also looks trashy. get a life or get a honda :bitching:
I agree! I don't even have any other words to add to that he said exactly what I would say! So no :shame: don't be ghey and dump it on 17's, especially those nasty rims!

·
Registered
378 Posts
ITALIAN LEX said:
ISthree00 said:
I agree! I don't even have any other words to add to that he said exactly what I would say! So no :shame: don't be ghey and dump it on 17's, especially those nasty rims!
That poor truck.... :lol: I hate to see a perfectly good Tacoma ruined like that (ie. lowered beyond all functionality). However, the paint job looked pretty good. 8)

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
-we'll see how it looks and fucc what you idiots have to say...
-you guys should put 20 inch chrome wheels on your car and call it a day...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can't we all just get a long? We have people that prefer the stock look, the jdm look, and the bling bling look. It seems like Mr. Dut is going for that "JDM" look because in Japan there are basically only 3 'preferred' colors of rims: GOLD, BLACK, and BRONZE. I have seen cars on gold rims that look good and have seen cars on chrome look good. It is all preference and all looks good to me. Don't put people down because it is not your choice. Dut did ask for opinions, but no need to talk down on him.

·
Registered
14 Posts
havent you people seen altezzas in japan, most of those are slammed to the floor. if this guy is going for that look then he is on track. those are nice rims. what color car are you getting. those rims would look nice on a black, yellow, or white. here is a picture of your rims on a yellow IS i seen

that IS looks ugly to me but if it was stock with those rims and lowered then it would look ok

·
Registered
660 Posts
yeah that IS looks alright - i've never had anything against his rims btw...

i guess i just hate low rider trucks and when i look at that i get an awful image of what a dumped IS would look like... at least a dropped IS is still functional unlike that truck that's good for nothing it was built for...

and he asked for opinions so i gave him mine in regards to dumping his IS... he's the one who got all defensive and pissy in his reply

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
hey dut, I think 17s might be a bit small. Bearwish has those in 18s and they look about right.

btw, I have 17 TE. Looks a little small, but its ok w/ me. (rays recommended size for street use is 17x7.5)

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
paulz0rz said:
what color car are you getting. those rims would look nice on a black, yellow, or white.
-I ordered a WHITE IS

ISthree00 said:
yeah that IS looks alright - i've never had anything against his rims btw...

i guess i just hate low rider trucks and when i look at that i get an awful image of what a dumped IS would look like... at least a dropped IS is still functional unlike that truck that's good for nothing it was built for...

and he asked for opinions so i gave him mine in regards to dumping his IS... he's the one who got all defensive and pissy in his reply
-well I have had a few DIFFERENT TYPES of cars and that was my last vehicle...
-I purchsed a tacoma and air bagged it (my ONLY intention on buying a truck)... had my fun with it, now time to try a NEW car... my FIRST NEW car
-I did have an 11 second civic and that is probably where the look im going for is coming from... (dumped to the floor, well tucking tire at least)

chromaplast said:
hey dut, I think 17s might be a bit small. Bearwish has those in 18s and they look about right.

btw, I have 17 TE. Looks a little small, but its ok w/ me. (rays recommended size for street use is 17x7.5)
-Yea I want to see how 17s will look first BEFORE ordering some BLACK TE37s.
-but problem is... the BLACK TE37s take 3 months to arrive, same as my car...
-have any pics of your car???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
15 Participants
dut
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing