Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's looking like i'll get maybe 220 miles out of a full tank, which IMO sucks @ss. Any other people getting bad mileage out of city driving?

·
Registered
82 Posts
YES...

My worst is about 250 and I want it to get up to the 300's...

I have been researching intakes and just plain ole' drop in filters. I assume they will be good for a mile or two per gallon...

What are some other ideas? (besides drive it slower)

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
i hear driving in snow mode helps ;)

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
i get about 350 before light goes on. but that's with power etc on and lots of freeway driving...the funny thing is, after i cleaned my air filter, it seems like my MPG dropped...got any idea?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I get about 16 mpg. I could drive slower if I really cared about getting better gas mileage. If I did care, I wouldn't have gotten an IS300.

But seriously, if you are going to buy the car, be ready to pay for the fuel. I would never consider the snow button...you only cutting the cars performance. (At least thats what happens with my manual IS)

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
whats the lowest anyones driven it down to? Ive been down to .75 gallons in my tank, Im not proud of it.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
You really can't compare miles per tank, especially when comparing to someone elses figures.

I got 25 MPG on my last trip, and I get 22 MPG in local driving.

·
Registered
219 Posts
seems like i get a lil more when i drive in snow mode..have no stats to back that up tho..altho the engine feels totally sluggish in that mode

·
11,061 Posts
I consistently get 19.6 crawling around the rural areas. The best I ever got was a freeway run to Canada: 22.8 mpg...with the air conditioner running.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
SeattleSheila said:
I consistently get 19.6 crawling around the rural areas. The best I ever got was a freeway run to Canada: 22.8 mpg...with the air conditioner running.
It should do better than that.

I just drove 660 miles on Sunday, including semi- mountains in KY and TN. Did the whole triip in 10 hours and got 25 MPG. That was on Shell Premium gas and cruise control on mostly 75 to 80 MPH.

·
11,061 Posts
bartkat said:
SeattleSheila said:

I just drove 660 miles on Sunday, including semi- mountains in KY and TN. Did the whole triip in 10 hours and got 25 MPG. That was on Shell Premium gas and cruise control on mostly 75 to 80 MPH.

Well, I did not use the cruise control and I was...was not as prudent as to speed.. ahem... I usually use Chevron premium, but did have a tank of Husky (Canada) on the way back.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
SeattleSheila said:
bartkat said:
SeattleSheila said:

Well, I did not use the cruise control and I was...was not as prudent as to speed.. ahem... I usually use Chevron premium, but did have a tank of Husky (Canada) on the way back.

I must be prudent. Ohio is a mean bear state, and I have previous tickets in KY. Don't need more.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
you guys are lucky, I only get 175 miles to the tank, and thats if I am lucky.... :crazy:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts