Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NOW VIDEO IS ON

Hi everyone i hope u guys had great eater holiday .....

Ok i just got my car running obvious with V8 now it 3uz-fe with six speed auto box (original 3uz box) so i no longer look fool when i drive around and with great exhaust sound it sound like nascar unreal guys , i also got pedal shift to work as well full auto i took for drive already done over 1000km and also had clock true speed of 250km/h on short distance with plenty more to go still in 5th gear and +-2000 rpm left to go ...i still need to test against is-f .. i still need to order all the rest of cover in the engine bay and fitted a proper throttle body as the one is only for time been ..
PS.. Ok here is no cut and weld or modified everything is bolt on like factory will take pix later of underneath only thing i modified was driveshaft (front piece only ) it took me alone to remove old engine and tranny and fitted 3uz and tranny in one and half day ....
here pix enjoyed

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
more than the mechanical stuff, I'm interested in the electronics of this swap - What did you keep from the is250 what did you use from the 3uzfe?

more pics of the swap and progress build would be great!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
also why didn't you go with the 4.6l v8 1urfse?

ps: video makes it look like you bought some 4.3 plastic covers for an is-f and called it a day. ha

·
Exclusive Agent
3,582 Posts
The work here is amazing. Great job. Kudos for thinking outside the box and doing something like this. Looks great.
.............But at the price of the IS250 and parts and labor to convert it to an IS430F, wouldn't it be cheaper to just by an IS-F? and have a faster car?
Great job, none the less, but just wondering how much was invested in this spectacular automobile.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
The work here is amazing. Great job. Kudos for thinking outside the box and doing something like this. Looks great.
.............But at the price of the IS250 and parts and labor to convert it to an IS430F, wouldn't it be cheaper to just by an IS-F? and have a faster car?
Great job, none the less, but just wondering how much was invested in this spectacular automobile.
if he lived in the US that'd certainly be correct. Just getting a F here would have been the faster and better option (much better transmission for example), and cost many thousands less with full warranty and no time invested.

But he doesn't live in the US... in most other countries they either don't offer the F at all, or they charge insanely more for it than the 250...Most of these places don't sell 350s at all either- hence why the couple of forced induction 250s you see are in such countries.... "buy a 350" is a much better/cheaper option in the US, but not in say Greece where the 350 doesn't exist and the F is like $50,000 more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NOW VIDEO IS ON
PS.. Ok here is no cut and weld or modified everything is bolt on like factory will take pix later of underneath only thing i modified was driveshaft (front piece only ) it took me alone to remove old engine and tranny and fitted 3uz and tranny in one and half day ....
It's a direct fit into the bay with all exact same mounting for the engine and tranny? What about the ECU portion? just direct swap?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts