1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on another thread a guy that ran Work Meisters SP1's

Fronts 18x8 +39offset
Rears 18x9 +33offset

I want to get these and called my guy for these but still need to know if it will clear the Supra Breaks? Is anyone running anything like this?

I come from the Evo world and the offsets i can run are much easier to figure out then the IS as there was so much info on what will fit and people who have took the limits. On the evo iam running 18x9.5 +27 all around. But iam lost on the IS.. Ive searched around and everyone plays it safe and not many people have info out there.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
Knowing what disk you're running on the wheels might help, but meisters do have excellent brake clearance regardless.

·
Registered
548 Posts
for the most part with the s1's normal pad or high pads will clear the big brake setups- usually when you find wheels with super aggressive offsets, they'll generally run the super low pad setup- but these sound like you should clear any bbk- Most bbk will sit around 25mm from the top of the rotor hat to the top of the caliper in height (keep in mind i'm speaking generally). So with a normal pad/disk you should be fine. BTW these are on of my favorite wheels! :)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well what iam looking to do is. By the end of the month iam getting the rims as well as a Supra Brake kit. And will be running the PMU pads.

My question for those who run anything other then the norm will this fit? I did my research on here to find out the rims will fit perfect yet didnt check to see if it would clear a Big Brake Kit. If all else fales i will resort to pulling the fender and spacers or just to order a new set of rims for the front and sell the fronts to another person. ?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Well what iam looking to do is. By the end of the month iam getting the rims as well as a Supra Brake kit. And will be running the PMU pads.

My question for those who run anything other then the norm will this fit? I did my research on here to find out the rims will fit perfect yet didnt check to see if it would clear a Big Brake Kit. If all else fales i will resort to pulling the fender and spacers or just to order a new set of rims for the front and sell the fronts to another person. ?
depends what look youre going for. the conservative set up guy will say no they wont fit. most IS guys try to say close to +45 offset.

i say the front will fit fine but the rear may be a problem. that offset is going to require some work and/or a stretched tire.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See this is the problem I have here on the IS forums. the ammount of people pushing the line is little to none. as for look? iam going for a didn't just buy any rim and throw it on look. Stag fitment and Fit to the T. These same offsets and sizes were used on MissIS300's car I think that's the name.. with 225 tires all round. I plan on shaving the fenders so that won't be in question. I put a rim and tire combo on my Evo that everyone said wouldn't work. now Evom is all over these rims and sizes.. But like I stated its much harder on the IS to get the right size..

·
Registered
548 Posts
See this is the problem I have here on the IS forums. the ammount of people pushing the line is little to none. as for look? iam going for a didn't just buy any rim and throw it on look. Stag fitment and Fit to the T. These same offsets and sizes were used on MissIS300's car I think that's the name.. with 225 tires all round. I plan on shaving the fenders so that won't be in question. I put a rim and tire combo on my Evo that everyone said wouldn't work. now Evom is all over these rims and sizes.. But like I stated its much harder on the IS to get the right size..
i've done a lot of wheel fitments that people have said it just wouldn't be possible. the only way to know for sure is to try it yourself and prove the naysayers wrong. If shaving and rolling is an option - well then you have a lot of choices to consider- It'll come down to choosing the right tire as well to make it all look right. wheel fitments and tire selection setups is an art :)

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
There are people here that push the limits, but they usually get shunned by the masses of people that just slap tenzo or exel wheels on their car and call it a day. I'm running 18x9 and 18x10 +40 all around with 225/40 and 235/40 tires, and its pretty flush. Miss is300 was running 18x9 and 18x10 +25 all around with the same tire sizes, and there was just a slight amount of poke all around. If you're looking to run an 18x8 and 18x9 setup and you want it flush I'd reccommend running around +30-35 with 215's up front and 225's in the rear.

As eastondle said, just try stuff out. The easiest way to find out what will fit and what wont is to just measure.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I had 18x8/9 +38 all around on my VS-XX's and the tires were 225/235. Right now I'm running 19x9+31 on my Professors in the front and it looks like there is plenty of room for bbk when I go that route in the future. It all depends on the disk.

·
Registered
418 Posts
How would I go with 18 x 8 +29 & 18 x 9 +29 work meister 3 pcs?

Would I have to pump the guards?

Atm Im running Advan Kreuzer V's 19 x 8 +38 all round with 225/35's

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
congratulations. i say go for it. and do what you like. i wouldnt try to change the world though

i personally like the way MissIS300's car is set up. but i dont think i'd run that set up. i want more rubber than a 235. but if that works for you go for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you should try on those 18x9.5+27 wheels you have on your IS. just curious as to how far they would stick out. just an idea

1 - 12 of 12 Posts