Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
geebus its been so long since i ordered this thang! finally! a little mod, yes, but since my kit is not gonna get painted and installed until later this month or early next after i get the other parts i want, i need something to be happy about :lol:

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Rooks nice

where we get one?

David

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
juniorsdad said:
what're you gonna do with the leash now....?
i popped it out right after the pic was taken. its sitting on a shelf in the garage...

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
DonCorleone said:
juniorsdad said:
i popped it out right after the pic was taken. its sitting on a shelf in the garage...
So now you can leave your shiny new TRD gas cap on top of the station pump when you drive off! :eek: :wink:

Looks nice btw. Just a little something pleasing to look at whenever you go to pump gas.

Oh, how's your back?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
thanh pm me the part num, im gonna get a few.

David

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
How'd you get that thing to stick on your gas cap?? I couldn't get that thing to stick to my stock gas cap for the life of me. I finally had to get some thicker double sided tape to get mine to work.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
hey don,
did you have trouble putting it in?
the tape was too shallow/ short on mine.
it didnt reach the OEM gas cap.
did you have that problem as well?
(easy fix, get some more double sided tape and stack it)

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
blue_j said:
DonCorleone said:
juniorsdad said:
So now you can leave your shiny new TRD gas cap on top of the station pump when you drive off! :eek: :wink:

Looks nice btw. Just a little something pleasing to look at whenever you go to pump gas.

Oh, how's your back?
lol that would suck.

yeah, its all for looks, just something for me to enjoy really... the 20rwhp it gives isn't really the reason i wanted it...

my back still sucks, thanks for asking though...

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AZTEZZA said:
How'd you get that thing to stick on your gas cap?? I couldn't get that thing to stick to my stock gas cap for the life of me. I finally had to get some thicker double sided tape to get mine to work.
at first i thought the tape was weak, turns out the tape wasnt making contact with what it was intended to make contact with, i tried thicker tape and it still wasn't working so i just took the tape and put it on the high part (middle) and it stuck. we'll see how it works out, if it proves to be a problem i'll epoxy it on.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Looks nice man, I saw one at the Carson meet and I plan on getting one too.

Its just the very top portion of the gas cap?

I didn't know you had to stick it on, I was hoping it would be a complete replacement.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Carson Toyota/Lexus Parts said:
Don, I have them here in stock for $29.00............PM me mext time on this kind of stuff

Also have the TRD valve stems in black or red
sonova! :bitching: i dunno why i didnt think to call you, my friend was on his way to get one for his mkiv and i tagged along and ordered one too, it took so damn long to get here... the first time i saw it was at the carson meet, and i knew i had to have it!

by the way steve i had a ques regarding the rmm lip spoiler i ordered from you awhile back, but i'll pm you about that later.

regards,
thanh
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jdm_altezza02 said:
did it make your check engine light turn on? and what did you with the little string that connects to the stock gas cap?
no check engine light, its just a cover that goes over your stock gas cap.

the string, i just popped it off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts