Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have one post in here I want to see if anyone actually owns one on this site. Thanks.

I have only seen one so far and that was when I sold my wheels long time ago.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Mine has no sunroof... taken right now at night with my camera phone sorry for low quality... lend my camera to my gf... ;)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Why would you want to buy a lux/sport sedan with no sunroof? Please don't tell me its because it adds a bit of weight...

·
Registered
4,925 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Ill_IS said:
Why would you want to buy a lux/sport sedan with no sunroof? Please don't tell me its because it adds a bit of weight...
It saves some weight on top and i have no desire for it...
Why would you put 19" rims on a sport/lux sedan? Please don't tell me it's for looks...

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
Ill_IS said:

extra head room for those tall muthaforkers. :lol:

and some people just don't care for a moonroof. Hell, I know people who have moonroof equipped cars that have never opened it since they bought the car.

I've seen 2~3 here when I was shopping for my car. (4 years ago)

according to the dealer they were "trades" with another dealer in Texas who had customers that wanted the the typical "california" equipped car.

·
Registered
941 Posts
86b said:
It saves some weight on top and i have no desire for it...
Why would you put 19" rims on a sport/lux sedan? Please don't tell me it's for looks...
Actually it has a hell of a lot to do with looks. The IS is not a fast car by any means, so until I boost it you better beleive I'm gonna be rollin on some 19's. I'm pretty sure most ppl on here that go aftermarket with wheels go with 19's.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Ill_IS said:
Actually it has a hell of a lot to do with looks. The IS is not a fast car by any means, so until I boost it you better beleive I'm gonna be rollin on some 19's. I'm pretty sure most ppl on here that go aftermarket with wheels go with 19's.

its not for 1/4 mile man.

our moonroof is a weak point in terms of handling and also has more weight on the top of the car for no reason.

i am sure you wouldnt care since your driving with 19s.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Ill_IS said:
My point is that we have different directions to go with our cars... i think that the IS is great handling and great for track so i'm track minded... you think the IS looks good with 19" rims then go with 19" rims...

If you got offended from what i said then i'm sorry...

·
Registered
176 Posts
the basic IS200 in England (the S model) does not come with a sunroof.

I hardly ever use mine and i'd probably rather not have one tbh

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I don't have one at all. It is different, I haven't really seen any around like it to tell you the truth. I am planning on boost as well, but I have 19's , does that make me an idiot too? I didn't want one cause of the rigidity in the body, and yes weight. I have had the car for over 4.5 years and just got the 19" today. But like you said there are many different ways to go with our cars........I am just using on less traveled. Besides how else would I flush a 10" monitor between the front visors?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I wish I didn't have, one I rarely use it. I tilt it when its hot to let air circulate, otherwise I rarely use it. I also prefer track event and with me being 6'3" I hardly have room for a helmet. There was one for sale when I was in the market but it was 4 hrs away and had a tan interior.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i think having a sunroof is kewl thing to have ;)

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
my first is300 didnt have one. i was pretty ghetto. i hate the sunroof though, i wish i didnt have one.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the post guys... I am looking for an IS300 without a sunroof and a 5 speed... if you have one, I may be interested in buying it from you.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
texis_300 said:
I don't have one at all. It is different, I haven't really seen any around like it to tell you the truth. I am planning on boost as well, but I have 19's , does that make me an idiot too? I didn't want one cause of the rigidity in the body, and yes weight. I have had the car for over 4.5 years and just got the 19" today. But like you said there are many different ways to go with our cars........I am just using on less traveled. Besides how else would I flush a 10" monitor between the front visors?
I'm sorry for off topic... but damn can you post pics of your 73 240Z?! That's my dream car and they are sooo sexy!!

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
danielm said:
Thanks for the post guys... I am looking for an IS300 without a sunroof and a 5 speed... if you have one, I may be interested in buying it from you.

Getting back into the IS scene danielm? Nice

How's that M3 holdin up?!

But yeah the sunroof is also the source for creaking noises. If i could go back i think i'd go for the 5 sp, lsd, no sunroof.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
_DAG_ said:
Getting back into the IS scene danielm? Nice

How's that M3 holdin up?!

But yeah the sunroof is also the source for creaking noises. If i could go back i think i'd go for the 5 sp, lsd, no sunroof.
If I can find one without a sunroof probably lol

The m suffered a little incident a few weeks ago

will probably be totaled because of airbag issues.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
There was a "base" IS offered for the Canadian market that did not
have a sunroof. --> Also had cloth interior. I've read on here these
cars did not come with rear power windows either!!! :suspiciou

j

ps. M3 = ouch.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
alittle incident, damn that looks like alittle more than an incident, but good luck with everything. Ive been there once, hope to never go there again.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts