Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Not what I expected at all. For some reason I pegged you for blond blue eyed surfer dude.

Oh well, see that just shows you what the internet is all about.

You are such a stud claim bake!

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha thanks :p

Originally posted by ISFAN:
Not what I expected at all. For some reason I pegged you for blond blue eyed surfer dude.

Oh well, see that just shows you what the internet is all about.

You are such a stud claim bake!

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
No way, you kinda look like my younger brother! Not what I expected at all, sometimes it's better to not show people what you look like.

[This message has been edited by ckolsen (edited November 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
which one is mr clam????

syke, just kidding.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my dad's been an asshole about my M lately and he hasn't been letting me takei t out so i can't go anywhere to get any pics.

·
Registered
101 Posts
MRCLAM, bring your car out to the track... we should all meet up around January @ Buttonwillow Raceway, CA, near Bakersfield... should be lots of fun. I've seen so many people bring their BMW's... lots of M3's. I'll let you drive my car if you let me ride in yours.
www.speedtrialusa.com

Ps. Why is your dad so anal about you taking the M3 out?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i really dont' know but he and my mom both like said, "okay that's it, your father has full control over the car" and iwas like whhaaaattttt.. and now the only time i can even drive the stupid car is when my dad is right next to me, have i mentioned that my dad doesn't know hwat WOT is?
my plans right now, are as soon as college apps are finished, i'm gonna start up an audio site, a webdesigning company, a computer repair company, and possibly install audio parts for my friends and stuff(i have to learn how to first
hehe)...but my goal is to get my own m3. if i can land some big jobs with webdesign i know i can make some real good $$$. that way, my dad has no say in waht i drive....he he

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'd love to meet up at buttonwillow. just as long as it's on a saturday i can probably make it =) then again, there's my dad
yeah....bmw's i've heard are always at the track. i ugess that's why they earned the title ultimate driving machine
don't see many es300's at the track.. he he
i'm just kidding for any flamers waiting to jump on that comment.

Originally posted by Philharmonic:
MRCLAM, bring your car out to the track... we should all meet up around January @ Buttonwillow Raceway, CA, near Bakersfield... should be lots of fun. I've seen so many people bring their BMW's... lots of M3's. I'll let you drive my car if you let me ride in yours.
www.speedtrialusa.com

Ps. Why is your dad so anal about you taking the M3 out?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Who's the dude you're with? WAHAHAAHAHAA... Sorry to hear the old dude is crampin your style, it happens though. You did something to warrant the situation...am I right? Just an FYI, the webdesign stuff is dime a dozen anymore, unless your skills and creativity rock the world, stick with the meat and potatoes, computer repair, LAN, that is where the money is my friend. Businesses that are "dull normals" are the real cash cows.

·
Registered
101 Posts
MRCLAM, I have another posting that starts with "For all of you who's serious about racing..." I agree, BMW is a much better "stock" race-bred car than the IS. I drove my friend's M3 on the track, and it just feels so different. I can feel the road when I accelerate, when I turn, and when I drift. My IS just feels like a boat on the track... suspension is too soft and I can barely feel anything... its like riding in one of those big luxury cars.

By the way, Buttonwillow Raceway event will be held on the SATURDAY of January 28th. My friend who own Hans Motor Trend in Montery Park sponsors the www.speedtrialusa.com event every year (they have dozen's of event throughout US)

Give me your e-mail and we'll see if we can meet up or something... should be lots of fun.

And this goes for all of you who's interested... BMWs, Lexus IS 300s, Acura CLs, Supras, whatever.

MRCLAM, my e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i know webdesign is real common but its a decent place to start. actually my dad has been real tight on the m since i got it. i didn't do anything to warrant his paranoia but i dunno....he used to tell me not to drive it because i was getting used to the clutch(he thinks learning time for a car is zero, esepcailly when you haven't driven a stick for a whlie) but i'm way better than him now(my dad doesn't know/care about anything related to cars except fro the emblem on his hood) so he realy has no excuse, he's just being a bi*tch

Originally posted by Doug:
Who's the dude you're with? WAHAHAAHAHAA... Sorry to hear the old dude is crampin your style, it happens though. You did something to warrant the situation...am I right? Just an FYI, the webdesign stuff is dime a dozen anymore, unless your skills and creativity rock the world, stick with the meat and potatoes, computer repair, LAN, that is where the money is my friend. Businesses that are "dull normals" are the real cash cows.

·
Registered
101 Posts
MRCLAM, if you're interested in doing Web Design, may I suggest that you get into learing Java/Java Script, JSP, and Visual Basic. Remember, programming is not for everyone, everyone has a different learning curve. If software is not your flavor, then you might want to try hardware. Oracle Database Administration (DBA) or Unix Administrator are the two hot items on the market right now...

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i've learned very limited visual basic(i can make a decent window program) but i'm thinking to get into oracle and unix some more. i don't exactly have a whole lot of time but as soon as college apps are away i'm gonna start working at it

Originally posted by Philharmonic:
MRCLAM, if you're interested in doing Web Design, may I suggest that you get into learing Java/Java Script, JSP, and Visual Basic. Remember, programming is not for everyone, everyone has a different learning curve. If software is not your flavor, then you might want to try hardware. Oracle Database Administration (DBA) or Unix Administrator are the two hot items on the market right now...

·
Registered
541 Posts
TracQuest is sponsoring a school at Buttonwillow on Saturday, Dec. 16th. I'm planning to be there. If any of youze (BMW, Lexus, or Ford Pinto owners) would like to go, please let me know by posting here.

By the way, I did Laguna Seca this weekend and Sears Point a couple of weekends ago. These Bay Area tracks are just incredible ... challenging, twisty, up-and-down and, above all, fun. You guys down in Southland should really get up here occasionally. You don't know what you're missing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts