Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wheel that is wobbling slightly,what can it be?

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WhiteLex said:
did u check the lug nuts..... make sure there tight
I did. What else could it be? Can I take the wheel somewhere to get it checked. I wonder if anything can be done to fix it.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CharlieD06 said:
Go get a Balance Job, they would be able to find the problem while it is spining in the machine
I just had it done like a week ago. The wheel wobbles when I'm moving less than 5 mph. I can't feel it, but I can see it even at highway speeds.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fsusucks said:
Your rim might be slightly bent or your tire might be bubbling up. What kind of tires do you have?
Toyo Z4's. Im gonna take the wheel back to where I had it balanced and have it rechecked.

What tire pressure is best for 19's or should I say 235/35/19? I has 32, but was told 40 at the wheel shop. I am a little concerned about 40 psi though.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Flat spotting.

Is it possible they are flat spotting? Do you notice this only when the tire is cold, in the morning? If you notice it after the tire has warmed up then probably they are out of round. Even a square block can be balanced. :wink:

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Flat spotting.

BrandonTirerack said:
Is it possible they are flat spotting? Do you notice this only when the tire is cold, in the morning? If you notice it after the tire has warmed up then probably they are out of round. Even a square block can be balanced. :wink:
Thanks Brandon. I think I have a bad tire. It seems the tire is bubbling on the side wall which makes the wheel look like its wobbling, so I guess I will have to replace it.

Brandon, what is the optimal tire pressure of 235/35/19 tires on an IS with each wheel weighing approx. 25 pounds?

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SexyLex said:
Big Joe,

Could your wheel spacers have anything to do w/ it?

Did you hit a pothole recently?
Nope not the spacer. I've figured out the problem. Bad Tire.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts