Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
My friend just went to a SCCA autocross this past weekend, and he said it is very evident on which car has LSD and which car does not. The one without LSD has a tendency to spin the inside wheel alot when acceleration hard off a sharp turn.
Basically, if you like to hang your car at the limit, then get it. If you don't usually push the car and just casual driving, then I don't see the reason why you need it.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Also, when I got my car with LSD, I had to get the car that is fully loaded, so that is around $1000 or so of premium. I don't know if this limitation apply to where you live, if it doesn't, then I guess $350 or so for LSD is a steal.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I never intended on racing in an autocross.. so I didn't get it. Plus in my area, the LSD and Heated seats come together.. so thats almost a grand. I figure the most I'd do is Street Drag... where LSD really wouldn't play a factor.

------------------
White IS300
Houston, TX

·
Registered
155 Posts
Get it if you can. I like it because it helps maintain traction very well with full power. I've gotten into the habit of nice weather = turn trac off and the LSD has saved me a couple times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
F8L
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing