Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here has it?

We are talking 80$ plus shipping if i saw the correct one.

To me the solution seems better than trying to solder rca's into the back of the wires from the deck, I like this solution alot.

I read that you control your ipod through the deck, can all 6 discs still be in the player with the grom hooked up? How does this work?

Also with other solutions out there, how does the grom hold up in price?

The connector cable included to connect to the black box, how long is it? I like seamless installs, I dont want to see the box anywhere nor can i give up the space under the radio on the shifter plate. I already have an install there. Id also only like to see about 3 inches of cable to the ipod where i mount it, I can do this no issues, but I don't want to see the black box. Any input would be great.

D

·
Registered
502 Posts
Who here has it?

We are talking 80$ plus shipping if i saw the correct one.

To me the solution seems better than trying to solder rca's into the back of the wires from the deck, I like this solution alot.

I read that you control your ipod through the deck, can all 6 discs still be in the player with the grom hooked up? How does this work?

Also with other solutions out there, how does the grom hold up in price?

The connector cable included to connect to the black box, how long is it? I like seamless installs, I dont want to see the box anywhere nor can i give up the space under the radio on the shifter plate. I already have an install there. Id also only like to see about 3 inches of cable to the ipod where i mount it, I can do this no issues, but I don't want to see the black box. Any input would be great.

D
I think I paid around 100 a month or so ago but it might be cheaper now

Yes all 6 discs can be in, you push the disc button twice to go to the ipod

I think you can only control playlists or go through all your songs with the radio controls, read sonnets thread about the grom for detailed info

I've got the box behind the radio and the cable is around 4-5' long? not sure but just shove any extra behind the radio that you dont want to use

I personally like using the ipod for control and I fished the cable from the radio back to underneath my armrest and I still have 2-3' of cable which is perfect for me

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info, rep has been given!

·
Registered
387 Posts
just installed it in my car (xmas present) and it kicks ass. simple t install (less than 25 mins start to finish if you are familiar with removing the stock radio) and it works flawlessly for 1/3 the price of the "V". do it!

Reactions: is300soon
1 - 4 of 4 Posts