Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying mine now, so this is a moot point for me, but these seem like desirable things for Lexus to consider in the coming years:

1> Manual transmission (confirmed)
2> GPS Nav system (likely)
3> 245hp Aluminum Block inline 6
4> 2DR coupe version
5> Convertible version
6> Wagon
7> All Wheel Drive?
8> Improve the highway gas mileage?
9> Find ways to reduce weight

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited June 11, 2000).]

·
Registered
77 Posts
In addition to TEG's list (most are cosmetic):
  • More authentic metallic accents (i.e., Audi TT).
  • Independent strut anti-roll bar.
  • More comprehensive dashboard (e.g., BMW has brake fluid, bulb failure, etc.).
  • Pedals with drilled holes.
  • e-Shift on the steering wheel AND gearshift (i.e., Audi Tiptronic S).
  • Auto dimming mirrors.
  • Memory positions.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
What's an independent strut anti-roll bar? Do you mean a like strut tower brace? I would've preferred an oil pressure gauge instead of that novelty MPG gauge.

[From TEG:
Yeah - what the dang-deal is that?
"independent strut anti-roll bar"?

Yes - oil pressure gauge is more important
than the novely MPG gauge. ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited June 05, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and I like the turn signals in the side mirrors like Daimler-Chrysler is doing (on their new "C-class" among others).

Some other new cars have a pattern of LEDs (making and arrow shape) shining through the mirror so they can be seen from behind as well.

Very important to help cars in your blind spot see that you are about to change lanes.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I've seen those on Expeditions and Navigators. They're especially useful on big SUV's.

·
Registered
59 Posts
talked with southern region factory guy the other day said 5spd in 2002 and a whole slew of cars on the is300 platform coming in the future.(after the success of the 4dr is measured, he mentioned 2dr,convertible 2dr and a wagon similar to the way the 3 series platform is laid out)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont like the blinkers on the mirrors thing. I realize the safety aspect, but still dont like it.

Personal preference, I suppose.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The blinker on the side mirrors are used in the CLK, new E class, and S class mercedes. They do seem odd but probably serve their purpose well. Ford uses them on the side mirror (but facing back) on the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator. I like that system better....
Eric....

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
On the Mercedes, you can still see the blinker when you're behind the mirror. The mirror-mounted turn signals wrap around, and you can see a small sliver on the side. It's kinda hard to describe, but if you happen to drive behind them, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by EricK:
The blinker on the side mirrors are used in the CLK, new E class, and S class mercedes. They do seem odd but probably serve their purpose well. Ford uses them on the side mirror (but facing back) on the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator. I like that system better....
Eric....

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I believe I read in a magazine somewhere that the next generation of Supra is suppose to be based on the IS300 platform. It will have 3 engine available I believe, with one of them being a 2.5L turbocharged I-6.
Anyone else has seen this report before?

·
Registered
59 Posts
ive read about the supra as well, factory guy said that the supra will be sold as a lexus in europe first then here as a is300 2dr or they will make the sc300 a smaller car than the sc430 and sell it that way

1 - 11 of 11 Posts