Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did the rear suspension on the wife's car last night and let me say this, i miss having access to a rack 5 days a week. plus its counter productive when your 4yr old daughter is there playing with your tools and then while you're underneath trying to put the LCA bolt back on she starts grabbing screws from the interior panels that you have spread across the garage with bolts, cargo hooks, etc. that pertain to those pieces?! plus it sucks doing it alone, i had to wait for my friend to come on his lunch brake so i could get the lower bolt through the shock on the final side, i ran out of hands to push down on the rotor, angle the shock with a screwdriver and then somehow push the bolt through! next week the fronts, oh yeah its just stock susupension from a 5speed IS300 with only 8k thats going into the sportx with 97k.

car felt firmer in the rear a little more planted on the test drive, can't wait to do it again next week, atleast my daughter will have less bolts to play with. :p

·
Registered
6,571 Posts

LOL, just kidding. My friend refuses to do any work on his car alone since his two young daughters won't leave him alone. I usually end up doing most of the work.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've got 4 jackstands and 2 jacks, one of which is a low profile jack but nothing beats the ease of using a rack and being able to stand up instead of lying on your back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts