Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I Have a 2jzge with a gte head im wiring up to the stock ge ecu with the 5 speed using a haltech as a piggy back, dont ask long story budget build, 2001 is300, i dont have a patch harness, I just want piggy back advise, So i have a basic haltech universal harness for a haltech 2500 , I just want to know what wires i need wire up out of them all and which ones to splice or how to route the wires as the loom is extensive in depth to piggy back the stock ecu. Which wires are required, any advise is appreciated.

·
Registered
2003 IS300
37 Posts
I have the Haltech 2000 but used the patch harness. Prior to the 2000 i had the Haltech Spint 500 piggy backed in and i found some diagrams from the install. I put the one for the 2001 ECU below. This is for a different Haltech and should only be used as reference. I also put the pinout for the 2500 below for reference. The patch harness is the easiest way to go but i understand not wanting to spend the $500
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Diagram
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
If you’re running a standalone in tandem with the stock ecu, you’ll give the standalone control of the injection and ignition. The two ecus will share sensors (cam, crank, ect, iat, ETC). It’s more complicated than that, but yeah, that’s the gist of it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is it just the injectors that need cut not splice, Is everything else spliced
Like Kris said ignition and injection. Another cut instead of splice is VVTI solenoid. Just the ground side is fine. The Haltech pulls one side to ground so the other side needs power, which the stock ECU supplies.

For the injectors, you really only need to cut the power side (once again Haltech pulls to ground while stock ECU supplies power). But a standalone injector harness is much cleaner and nicer. I’ve have to check what I did with the igniter/ignition (if you’re still using the stock one) and update here.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Yeah should be the six injector (-) triggers and the three ignition triggers if he’s still on stock wasted spark. I used the factory wiring for the injectors but made a new standalone harness for ignition since I went to sequential spark. All the connections can be made inside the stock ecu box. I recommend and use Deustch DTM plugs for all the connections to wires. They are secure, waterproof, and look clean AF.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive exterior

1 - 8 of 8 Posts