Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there I have been away for awhile as I had a bad accident and was out of commision for awhile. Anyway before that i was in the process of doing an Aristo swap to my IS. Well now that i am better and able to get to work on the car i have run into a snag. The motor is in the car and the wiring done. Well today i routed the power wire to the trunk so i could mount the battery back there as with moving the ABS where the battery was i couldn't put it back there. Well after hooking the battery up i figured i would just try and bump the aristo motor to make sure it would atleast turn over before I continued on my quest. Well I had everything hooked up and went to bump the motor and all I got was a click click and then when I got out of the car to look there was smoke coming from where the ECU is. As this was very scary I quickly went and dis-connected the battery. So thn I went to taking apart the ecu to see what damage had been caused. The ECU seems fine and there was no burnt places anywhere on the board itself. Neither was there any burnt wires on the harness that goes to the motor. However the part of the harness that goes back into the cabin of the car had one badly burnt wire where all of the sheething was burnt off. I have a pic I am posting of what I am talking about. I plan on repairing this wire tomorrow and making sure it was the only one damaged. However i am not sure why this happend. I am running the aristo starter as it was a bit smaller and i also realized that i did not have a ground wire going to the motor, Which will be remedied tomorrow. Could that have been my whole problem or is it something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated. As i don't want to burn anything else up. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.