Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I wanted to get started on my wire tuck cause I had nothing else to do this week.And I notice its gonna be a lot harder then the honda's cause of our ecu located in the engine bay and other little things that lexus has.I was wondering if some one can help me out a bit were im stuck.I am running the stock motor right now but soon will be droping in my 2jzgte so I dont know how different the wires are gonna have to be ran after the swap so I can get that out of the way now.here are some pics to explain.

The idea is to:remove ecu,relay box and fuse box to inside of car,also relocation of battery to trunk.

pic 1

pic2-
Can any one give me an idea were I can tuck this wire have in mind that im still gonna do the gte swap and if im locating the ecu to the inside of the car I have to cut and extend the wires any idea were I should cut and extend and tucking location?

pic 3-

pic 4-What is this box for?

or maybe does some one have a draw out were the wires should be ran like a simple lay out-thanks

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
GL with this, honestly i think you are one of very few on this site who has attempted to do this. super clean when its done, but its gonna be pretty hard... hope someone can help you out man.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^Thank you 3 for your input on this im just tring to find out about that harness and what is that box in pic 4????

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
if i were going to do a wire tuck i would start with the passenger side rather than the drivers side just because of the ECU.

on the passenger side you have the fuse box that needs to be moved, the battery, then the wires for the headlights etc that get tucked. once i've gotten past that challenge i'd start looking at the drivers side

the box in pic 4 i believe has something to do with the ignition. try to follow the wires

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
from what i know they drill holes on the side to tuck the wires into the fenders...good luck its a lot of work and it's not easy.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
our fender already have the hole's their, just the ecu harness is the problem im having does any one have a wire tuck here that can post pics to show were the wires ran.this would help me and other people here that are looking to do this.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that might help thanks for the pics any one have close ups????

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Thats a beautiful custom paint color. Like a cross between an eggplant and a plum.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Much Thanks! to all of you for the help and pics. I did a map out of how I am gonna do the tuck, and I just got my supplies (Expanadable Sleeving,Heat shrink,Solder,Wire ect.) I will be doing this tuck in a whole new way for that oem look but hidden of course and it wont be easy but when I get to it I will share what I did also with more pics.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Much Thanks! to all of you for the help and pics. I did a map out of how I am gonna do the tuck, and I just got my supplies (Expanadable Sleeving,Heat shrink,Solder,Wire ect.) I will be doing this tuck in a whole new way for that oem look but hidden of course and it wont be easy but when I get to it I will share what I did also with more pics.
Awesome! Definately take some pics along the way and explain what y're doing with everything. It might come in handy :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts