Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
its a honda thing? are you freaking kidding me? you suck.
How's that?

Because I could care less for a "Shaved and Tucked" bay? Function over form. Forget working on your car, or diagnosing any problems while having to find everything.

It's the biggest thing in hondas, sure other makes do it aswell. The VW guys do it hard.

just not my cup of tea and I just expected more class from lexus owners

·
Class III Aficionado
21,418 Posts
How's that?

Because I could care less for a "Shaved and Tucked" bay? Function over form. Forget working on your car, or diagnosing any problems while having to find everything.

It's the biggest thing in hondas, sure other makes do it aswell. The VW guys do it hard.

just not my cup of tea and I just expected more class from lexus owners
you mean class for a car that can be had for 6k? btw it does serve a purpose lol

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
wire tucks looks great for a show/magazine car, but really, how hunctional is it for a car that sees the track, or is driven very hard? i have thought about doing it multiple times, but i have so much wiring and hoses to accomodate for. just seems like diagnosing problem and shit in the future would be a nightmare. especially if you have AC and all the amenities still in the car.

ryan for instance doesnt have AC anymore. thats one major headache out of the way.

oh, and PS, the cars in quesiton are the SAME car, SAME owner. i believe one was like stage 3 or 4 and then the end result was stage 37 or something. man has car progressed over the years.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
^its the SAME car, SAME owner. everything has been upgraded at least 4 ro 5 times within the past few years. turbos, paint, etc etc has been change several times. i have known ryan for years. the car used to actually be GGP with blue/gray flames on the hood preboost.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
So your saying it's the same turbo same everything just a different paint job???
Idk about that. i may be wrong but as of the looks its a different car and i've seen it only in that paint job as the times i saw it..
Same car, different turbo... he is running a bigger turbo now I believe...

·
Registered
135 Posts
i didnt think the thread would blow up this much on comments from everyone. You do see this on alot of imports more in the show concept instead of being a DD. I just wanted to get a better look on a clean 2JZ engine bay!

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Wow.... Bunch of damn annoying and combatant people in this thread.

It looks good, serves a purpose for some, no purpose for others. It is a pain in the ass to do, can create some pain in the ass issues for DD cars, but for some it's definitely worth it.

Next!

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I have to agree with you, that bay is one of the best!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Looks clean, I am waiting to get back to the states so i can start mine. Might just stay unboosted and clean the bay/ polish up the engine. I know JDM and some Supra guys who drive their daily and if you do the work yourself, you know where everything is if it comes down to having to fix something.

If you post a DIY Philly, that would be much help..

41 - 60 of 61 Posts