Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some new wiper blades for my 2003 is300. My current ones streak the hell out of my windows when I use them. I live in California, so I don't need anything crazy.

What brands do you guys recommend? Also, what size do I need? Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Trico and Anco seem to be the most popular. Their pricing is alright and they do a good job. Walmart or any aut parts store should have them. Bosch makes premium ones as well that are a little more expensive but if you live in an area like I do (Maryland) where the weather can change at any minute they are well worth it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I picked up some Rain-X blades from autozone the other week. Seem to work well, possibly alittle bit better than OEM in some of the crazy rain we have had lately.

They were as expensive as the Bosch's, so I don't know if it's the best bang for the buck but worked out nicely.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Go for the Bosch, they are the best.

·
Registered
694 Posts
i have the bosch that are curved...no 8 pressure points or anything. They work pretty well but i love the look of them the best.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Best looking indded!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I bought the RainX ones that were on sale in Pep Boys. I fell for the fact that they were a bit pricey. The didn't hold up too well in the Utah snow, though they were winter blades. They worked great for about a month.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I also bought the Rainx wipers at autozone and just like zelakil they didn't last very long in Mass. They did work when i first got them but replaced them pretty fast. Im using the boch ones now their great and they do look awesome.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Went to toyota dealer today and just bought the wiper inserts for $17 and some change. Cost is a lot cheaper than buying it from lexus dealers. . .

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i have a set of piaa silicoat for sale in my sig. that silicone really makes a difference!

·
Registered
743 Posts
I roll with the bosch icon+.

they're curved for consistent pressure at higher speeds and the rubber
is a little better than that of the rain-x.
Rain-x had just recently brought out a type of blade similar to the
bosch, I tried those first because they were cheaper, they were good for
a decent amount of time. I then switched to the bosch's and apparently this
is the 2nd gen of there icon series. The best IMO, they look the best, simlar
to the stock look of newer high end cars.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
valeo jointless. best wipers i have ever used, and they look much cleaner on the car. buy one get one free at tirerack

·
Registered
316 Posts
I got RainX-latitudes about 2 months ago and im lovin them. Little bit pricey but i think it was worth it. And my IS is a summer car so i dont have to worry about them in MI snow

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
my latest JDM wipers are: VERA Super Silicone :) The mother of all PIAA wipers!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm a fan of the Valeo wiper blades tirerack.com carries, buy one get one free at $20, work decent especially for the occasional rain we face out here in socal and cheaper than almost any other single piece blade.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts