Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lexus tried the rear wheels from my IS350 and I was told that there wasn't enough cleareance between the brakes and the wheels on the front to use them so I purchased new wheels and am using 225/45 18 Blizzak LM25's.

The Vogue wheels worked. They are the Vogue Akita-AK3's and their size is 18 x 7.5. Their offset is +40mm and the center bore is 72.62 mm.

I don't actually know what offset & center bore means, but I figure it's pretty important...

Once winter is over Lexus will store these and put my regular ISF wheels/Michelins back on.

Here's a photo from my cell phone, I'll post new photos later.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure if you want to sell your stock is f wheel. just curious, if you ever do. I like to buy it. thanks. and what kind of tires did it came with.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if you want to sell your stock is f wheel. just curious, if you ever do. I like to buy it. thanks. and what kind of tires did it came with.
The stock wheels are being stored until winter is over. Then Lexus will install them and store my winter wheels until the end of the year! I'm pretty sure it came w/ Michelins.

·
Registered
487 Posts
some came with potenzas re050. the LM25's are good for the winter but too soft for that 416hp beast. I tried it with my evo it drives like jello:(

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some came with potenzas re050. the LM25's are good for the winter but too soft for that 416hp beast. I tried it with my evo it drives like jello:(
I only wanted them for driving in snow. I tried to drive my Is350 in snow and it was impossible. With the LM25's I had a ton of fun. I was able to break traction any time I wanted and then quickly recover control of the car.

That's what I wanted for the ISF. Right now, it appears that it might not snow again... but you never know. I just wanted to be safe!

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
IMO, if I have (ever could afford) an IS-F... I would buy a beater for the winter.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Dave, you kept your IS350 in addition to the IS-F?? Or did you trade it in - which dealership? Arlington? BTW, you're gonna have to take it drag racing when spring hits!!! Gotta see what and IS-F runs! Congrats on your purchase!!!

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Your dealer is storing your wheels? How much does that cost? :suspiciou

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your dealer is storing your wheels? How much does that cost? :suspiciou
It's part of the service (of overpaying for tires/wheels/tpms package).

They store my wheels/tires and swap them out for free.

When I owned the IS350 they would put the tires on the wheels (since I didn't purchase wheels or tpms) and then store the other tires.. Cost was about $80 to switch the tires. This time I decided to buy the entire package so they wouldn't have to swap the rubber.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts