Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might only apply to those of you with LSDs.

When you spin your wheels in the winter, which direction does your back-end kick?

Mine very gently goes right. I've been wondering... is this thrust angle or road camber?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I recall being in the left lane where the road camber should be in the other direction, and it still kicks right. The rotational inertia comment is a good thought VorteC.

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
+1 for sliding to the right. I can't recall the last time my rear has ever slipped to the left.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I don't think it's caused my road crown... because even on a dragstrip, cars tend to dip on the right side.

I'm pretty sure it's because driveshafts/engines spin in the counterclockwise direction, twisting the differential and putting more weight on the right side (more weight = more grip = right side grabs harder)

1,786 Posts
There are many variables to this....I slip both ways I'm rwd manual and sadly enough... on summers still... however I'm not doing to bad.

flexing my.is skills on my new itouch *woo

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I don't think it's caused my road crown... because even on a dragstrip, cars tend to dip on the right side.

I'm pretty sure it's because driveshafts/engines spin in the counterclockwise direction, twisting the differential and putting more weight on the right side (more weight = more grip = right side grabs harder)
i would believe that it twists resulting in more grip on one side but would it be that much of a difference :S

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.