Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum,

Just bought an is300 and live in chicago. Car has the optional 17 inch wheels with performance tires. Anyone have any recommendations on what to do for winter?
Appreciate the advice.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I just got Dunlop Graspic DS-1
Havn't tested them out yet.
They're the same size as my goodyears on the stock 17 inch rim. I'm planning on going through the winter with these rims. Hope all goes well.

The tires are noticeably louder, but on a Lexus, that doesn't mean much. They so quiet. The ride is different, you can feel the treads biting into the road more. More of a popping sensation. I was looking for Pirelli's winter Q rated tire, but they were on special order.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Originally posted by nverma:
New to the forum,

Just bought an is300 and live in chicago. Car has the optional 17 inch wheels with performance tires. Anyone have any recommendations on what to do for winter?
Appreciate the advice.
Just curious, I was shopping around in Chicago too. Where did you end up buying and how good of a deal did you get. The best I was getting was 2-grand off of MSRP from Bredman Lexus in Glenview Il. Regarding tires, you'll definitely wanna put something like Blizzaks on. Either that or drive VERY cautiously with your stock wheels. I don't know if it's worth chancing a spin out.

·
Registered
666 Posts
hey I'm in Chicago area too.
Bought mine at sticker several months ago when they first came out.

As for winter, I bought Blizzak MZ01s with 16" Sport Valores from Tire Rack.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Chi-town too.

Got Pilot Alpin's on 16" MM Spider rims from Tire Rack. Haven't put them on yet. Waiting for the temperature to drop (Hope it never does).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it on a lease for McGrath Lexus downtown.
Sticker was about 34,500 and paid about 32,500. Lease was 2500 down (total out of pocket) and 510/month. 36 mos, 12k per year. I will probably look into the Michelin of Pirrelli tires

1 - 8 of 8 Posts