Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys the mod bug is getting to me at the moment i have decided to really get into the car now so I am going to be buying parts through the winter and hoping to have them installed and have everything done by middle of summer.

Below are the parts on the list at the moment that i will be ordering and any info or advice about anything would be greatly appreciated. Will be updating as I go.

Thanks in advance
Parts List that i will hopefully have by begining of summer to start installing

EXTERIOR:
1.) JDM Window Visors ( have)
2.) Tint

SUSPENSION WHEELS TIRES AND BRAKES
1.) Koni Yellows or Bilstien shocks ( leaning toward the koni's)
2.) Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs ( have)
3.) TRD Yellow Sways (have)
4.) Paint Callipers (have)
5.) Calliper Decals (have)
6.) Brembo slotted rotors
7.) Tires need something for autocross and the street ( not sure on what to get here )
8.) PLP front rear and trunk STB

My current mods are in my Sig
Thanks for any input on anything and it will be greatly appreciated.

Jimmy

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
seems like a good legitimate start, at least youre not looking to get lambo doors like that other guy haha. tires? not sure how the winter months are down in LA, but at the moment im running goodyear eagle f1's. other than that...i think youll have a pretty solid car after getting all those mods in

·
Registered
102 Posts
the only thing i would change are the brambo drilled/slotted rotors... there have been many discussions on how drilled rotors have more chance of cracking... so i would just get some slotted ones to be on the safe side... :rolleyes:

Reactions: IwantaIS300

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seems like a good legitimate start, at least youre not looking to get lambo doors like that other guy haha. tires? not sure how the winter months are down in LA, but at the moment im running goodyear eagle f1's. other than that...i think youll have a pretty solid car after getting all those mods in
Definitely no lambo doors on my lex lol and hopefull the plan goes like the list thanks

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the only thing i would change are the brambo drilled/slotted rotors... there have been many discussions on how drilled rotors have more chance of cracking... so i would just get some slotted ones to be on the safe side... :rolleyes:
good to know thanks adjusted list accordingly

·
Registered
796 Posts
I personally would not get the TRD sides, I hate the groove in the middle and the front lip is so clean and smooth. Get some RMM sides IMO. Are you going to mold the kit to the car or just paint and install?

Also, I have the Brembo Drilled rotors on for a 6 months now and have had no issues but if you do get them you might want to powder coat the hubs or get rotors that already have black hubs.

Reactions: IwantaIS300

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am probably just gonna paint the kit and install it for the time being.

APMonkey are your brembo's cross drilled and slotted or just drilled. I will have to look further into the brakes.

Thanks

·
Registered
727 Posts
oh god plz no lambo doors lol
as for the list it looks good, i have been planing to get some of the same things are you, and hopefully installing htem during spring/early summer

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have the drilled only. I was looking for something with blk hubs so less rust shows and just looks better but at the time I already had the rotors and didnt want to pay for a new brake kit.

Anyway here is a OK pic from my phone, its been raining allot in Miami so you can see some rust and dirt but imagine if there was no black on the hub . . . ugly!

Gotta do a wash this weekend for sure.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, looking forward to it. I want to paint my stock rims on my GGP too... be sure to post some pics :).
definitely will after i do them just don't know about the color yet either. Im thinking bronze gold or a darker color like to match the paint of the ggp but still not sure on that one.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anyone know if anybody makes the carson rear and Carson Tuned/ Toyota Japan Side Skirts in carbon fiber

1 - 13 of 13 Posts