Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was just wondering if the is250 RWD all season mats fit in the is300. Can anyone clairify this for me b/c i bought other mats and they fit like crap. Thanks

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
You sure you wanna go with Lexus OEM winter mats.

They run you back atleast $140

I just bought some mats from crappy tire and they fit just fine in my IS3

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
the IS250 RWD mats look nice, fit perfect (even better then IS300 mats) and are well priced. I run them in both my IS300's. They're awesome.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i've heard of the weathertech but i think imma go for the OEM might as well cause the ones from crappy tire are exactly that..crappy cause my driver side one cracked right where my foot rests in between the brake and gas so all the nice salty water went under my mat onto my carpet boy was i ever happy when i saw that!!! ahah ahwell OEM it is thanks!!!

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I have those Michelin ones from Costco. Super heavy duty rubber, and do me just fine for the last few seasons.

Digger08

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Has anybody tried those mats from Canadian Tire that pin themselves to the car? To prevent the mat from slipping... they have these discs in them that have pins at an angle. Once you put the mat in the car... you turn the disc and it essentially pushes the pin into the car's interior carpeting... thus keeping the mats in place. Good idea... but I'm worried about pinning things to the car's interior.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
wow that sounds like an amazing idea -.-

crappy tire actually came out with a decent product.

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
Here's another interesting one... the TRACTION MAT. It works like a regular winter mat... but the underside is covered with aluminum studs. So if you get stuck in the snow... you can put the mat under the stuck wheel to try and get the car moving!

Canadian Tire

that is SICK

Reactions: Johnnysks

·
Registered
962 Posts
Sewell Lexus Parts

i got the "all-weather mats" from sewell-lexus. front and rear was less than 100 bucks.

They fit great and do the job. never had the problem with the water spilling over.

specially with my car since it's a 5spd, i was critical with the fitment.

i was in a toss up with these or the "winter mats" we get here.

if i read right, the all weather mats were the factory/dealer option in the states and was actually made by toyota.

the winter mats were made for the canadian market, i think by a 3rd party manufacturer. so the fitment wasn't as good, mostly in the rear.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
Sewell Lexus Parts

i got the "all-weather mats" from sewell-lexus. front and rear was less than 100 bucks.

They fit great and do the job. never had the problem with the water spilling over.

specially with my car since it's a 5spd, i was critical with the fitment.

i was in a toss up with these or the "winter mats" we get here.

if i read right, the all weather mats were the factory/dealer option in the states and was actually made by toyota.

the winter mats were made for the canadian market, i think by a 3rd party manufacturer. so the fitment wasn't as good, mostly in the rear.
Are you referring to his post?:confused:
Or are you just blabbering?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
We in Canada like to engage in friendly open chat...

·
Registered
962 Posts
Are you referring to his post?:confused:
Or are you just blabbering?
a little of both. lol

he asked about winter mat options, i gave him the option i went with.

i went through the same thing this past december, so i typed out everything i remembered with out really paying attention

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Ha? What is the issue? I thought we were discussing all weather mat options?

Reactions: Crester

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
I'm not sure if those are fitted for the IS. The insturctions seems to indicate some trimming for both the front and rear are needed.. Check the PDF link. It is the floor liner line that was formed to fit. However, they no longer offer the floor liner for the IS. I have been looking as well. Check out the below link for a sample 03 Toyota Camry floor liner.

Cut to fit instruction

03 Toyota Camry

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Check this out... this is sick, i wonder if they are sold in Canada. Made for custom fit in the IS300 or whatever vehicle you own

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=3&VehId=347&Year=2003
These look like they will exactly fit the IS. In fact they look identical to my Ltuned mats. The Ltuned mats fits both the Altezza and the IS. This will be noted by the two holes on the smaller drivers side mat for switching to right hand drive vehicles. The regular logo'd IS300 mat for the drivers side is larger than the Ltuned and only has one hole for US market.

Back one looks a little large, but for sure the front ones will be an exact fit.

Digger08

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
i read the website it said the rear mats need trimming but the front ones are a custom fit for the IS, now, to get my hands on these .......... hmmmm

1 - 20 of 22 Posts