Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. the rain x actually may cause some skipping of the blades (the newer rain x out of a can) but, this light thud noise of the wipers is kind of annoying. ill check it out, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I highly recommend Rain-X latitudes.

Quiet, and work like no other!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use the Rain-x washer fluid and it works great. When my blades were new they were totally silent but now that they are old and its cold outside they can chatter if the windows are a little dry.

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
guess i got the cheap rain x ones ... sucks cause they are fairly new (I am a broke student), guess ill use them for the remainder of the rainy season/deal with it, and change them out next yr.
Last resort cleaning tip.....

Buy a Mr Clean magic eraser for .99 cents and clean the rubber (run up and down across the edge, this will help extend the life and rejuvenate blade for a while. Keep doing it everytime the performance drops off. Then get some new ones, when you can afford it.

It also helps to claybar the windshield and ensure the entire surface is as clean as possible - you never know if there is wax build up, diesel oil from the pump squeeges etc.

Digger08

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
thats the thing, the wipers are fairly new. i have heard things about rain x, and that it may be causing this? when the fully extend to the left (drivers side) there is this sound.
I had Rain-X in my car for a while... and there was a period after I started using it where my wipers were also very noisy. It was almost embarrassing. But now it's fine (not using Rain-X anymore).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.