Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what you people think are the best replacement wiper blades for our IS300's? Do most of you go get OEM wiper blades? I'm mostly looking for the opinions of those who drive in snow as well as warm weather.

And for those "search bugs" out there... I realize this may have been discussed in the past... but I want to find out what people think about products today.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Go to Canadian Tire and get some of their teflon blades they have...they are great for snow & rain. They have regular and winter styles so you can choose what you want.

My buddy just put some of their reflex wiper blades on his mazda 3 and they seem to do a good job (and look nice if that matters to you) but I have no idea how they do with snow so cant fully recommend them but can the teflon blades.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the Teflon blades are good for all weather eh? Do you think they are better than the OEM Lexus blades?

I see a lot of new cars coming out with the reflex blades. I hear they are good in bad weather because they apply a lot of force to the windshield. However... I also hear that in light, misty conditions they are BRUTAL. :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
I ve got those Bosch Aerotwin aftermarket reflex wipers and they are great. silent smooth wipers during rain or heavy rain. havent used them for snow yet.

they also reduce a little bit wind noise :)

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Crester said:
And for those "search bugs" out there... I realize this may have been discussed in the past... but I want to find out what people think about products today.
I didn't know wiper blades were such an ever changing cutting-edge technology :lol:

You should look into PIAA Super silicon blades. Tahts what I have and they're great for rain. Wouldn't know about the white stuff, though

·
Registered
189 Posts
A lot of the UK drivers me included use the PIAA Super Sporza's - but like everything else we pay through the nose for them!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do these PIAA Silicone wipers work well in the winter as well?

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I have those reflex crappy tire ones.... and they work okay. Not
sure about snow/slush. I'm not a fan of what they look like ( :suspiciou )
I should've just got OE ones, or the afore mentioned
teflon ones.

j

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
boman said:
I have those reflex crappy tire ones.... and they work okay. Not
sure about snow/slush. I'm not a fan of what they look like ( :suspiciou )
I should've just got OE ones, or the afore mentioned
teflon ones.

j
How does your wipers work in "light mist"? I've heard rumblings that reflex wipers suck unless it's a considerable amount of rain.

Thing is... all the new cars coming out have reflex wipers now. So either they're just that much cheaper to produce... or there's some benefit to them.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Crester said:
How does your wipers work in "light mist"? I've heard rumblings that reflex wipers suck unless it's a considerable amount of rain.

Thing is... all the new cars coming out have reflex wipers now. So either they're just that much cheaper to produce... or there's some benefit to them.
They work pretty good in misty situations also...they tend to hug
the windshield very well.

They make my car look cheap tho, they are made of ugly plastic that's
cast very cheap.... they're expensive for what you get.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i have a pair of the PIAA super silicoat ones i brought from japan. haven't installed them yet, maybe i'll just sell 'em..

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow... looks like an overwhelming recommendation of the silicone/teflon coated wipers... especially PIAA.

I would really like to see some more opinions on the reflex wipers. I checked canadian tire for theirs... and as boman said... they look very cheap. Not suitable for a Lexus at all! The company that makes OEM reflex wipers has better looking ones... and I think their blades are coated as well. But they are so damned expensive!

These are the OEM ones here (Valeo).

http://ultimatewiperblade.com/

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
IS JOE said:
You got yours all the way from Japan? I just bought mine from a local LA ricer shop.
i always get the real thing ;) mine are just replacements, not the whole metal part. and it's cheaper that way i think. there's more selection there

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
okay this is a reasonably old thread but I've been having problems with wiper blade noise. They are the stock blades and work great unless they are on for more than about 5 continuous minuets then apparently they got warm from the friction and begin to bounce a long the windshield. Would teflon blades help this problem?

·
Banned
2,059 Posts
Yea i bought some altezza ones from chad and it works just as good as the OEM ones. dealer tried charging me $50 for wipers.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Now what would the model number or length be for these? I am interested in the bosch aerotwin's? Any other reviews on them besides alantje

1 - 20 of 44 Posts