Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have this problem? the tank is full i kept pumping the handle and nothing. checked the lines under the hood and nothing inside them. any ideas?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no it was about 60 when i first tried. i dont hear anything.l i didnt know there was a pump i could hear?

·
Registered
602 Posts
ChinoXS203 said:
no it was about 60 when i first tried. i dont hear anything.l i didnt know there was a pump i could hear?
There should be a pumping noise when the washer fluid button is pushed. Kind of like a "whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
4,114 Posts
ChinoXS203 said:
anyone have this problem? the tank is full i kept pumping the handle and nothing. checked the lines under the hood and nothing inside them. any ideas?
Do a visual inspection of the actual nozzles, make sure there is no wax build up or anything else that can block the jets. Hard water will also cause a whitesh/greenish build up too.

Joe Z :chill:

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i did i mean i even unplugged the hoses from the jets on the hood and they were dry so nothing has even made it to the hoses

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
is it when you press the little button on the end of the stick to do a one squirt? if so, just refill your fluid, you will be fine.

if not then it could be the pump, but this happens to me once and awhile. I just refill and its perfect....

David

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the fluid is toped off. i pull the right lever next to the stearing wheel where you control the wipers forword. theres a button to push?

·
Registered
626 Posts
if you pull the lever it just makes the wipers go once. at the end of the stalk there is a wiper button. lean to your right about a foot and you will have an unobstructed view of the windshield wiper stalk

·
8,849 Posts
Do you push the button or pull on the lever?
That may be your problem.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i pull the lever like i have done in everyother car, i didnt know or even think about a button. this could be the prob i try today. thanks

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
ChinoXS203 said:
i pull the lever like i have done in everyother car, i didnt know or even think about a button. this could be the prob i try today. thanks
Pulling the lever just wipes once... to squirt you have to push the button.

Or thats what she said. :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah im idiot didnt even see that obvious button, cause i wasnt looking for one.

·
8,849 Posts
CharlieD06 said:
Did you like never have to use the squirters before?
Is this like your first car?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no i never used the squiters on this car before had no need to car was always clean and its only 4 months old. no cars i have used had button squiters u always pulle the lever back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.