Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving along I-80 East in NJ this past Wed. coming home from work when all of the sudden a rainstorm of rocks starts pelting my car. I look around and couldn't see squat nearby. I look up about 100 yards and there's 3 dumptrucks from the Fusella (assholes) trucking company, with one truck spewing out an excessive amount of rocks out of the truck. All the sudden, windshield cracks... I get the truck's license plate and try to flag the driver down.. no dice. Go to the state cops and file a report (after looking at the ridiculous amounts of white chips on my hood and front bumper)... they tell me "unless i pulled the truck over or took video of the act there's nothing they can do about it. It's in your insurance's hand now" So I head over to my dealership and thankfully they have AWESOME service and tell me to wait on paying the deductible and come by next week to see if they can buff out the scratches free of charge, and also get me a quote on seeing if the windshield is repairable. So now that's where I stand but just wanted to share my sadness with all. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
I understand how you feel. Sorry to heard that. I got some scratches too ( Got from work parking)
someone scratched up my car on the top at my work parking lot and i got mad scratches on it by the door... this sux. my total estimate came out to $1200 at a auto body shop. i dont know what im going to do

·
Registered
62 Posts
someone scratched up my car on the top at my work parking lot and i got mad scratches on it by the door... this sux. my total estimate came out to $1200 at a auto body shop. i dont know what im going to do
You could do like me, and get a $0 comprehensive deductible. Pay a little extra to put ALL the risk on your insurance company. Damn haters.

·
Registered
392 Posts
same thing happened to my dad with his IS...he got the license plate number too. he called the company, and with no proof their truck did it, they wouldnt do anything

·
Registered
46 Posts
my windshield got cracked today by a loose pebble on the southbound CA-1 freeway....9 out of 10 people Ive asked so far have told me the glass should still be fixable tho, I just hope that they are right
:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts