Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard of this happening before on different cars, but Toyotas mostly. I had my windows tinted, and about a month later I began to notice the window would shift forward in the track to expose the tint lines from the top left down about halfway. When you roll the window down, even a little, it jumps back even, and the tint line is gone.

The guy who installed my tint owns an IS and showed us his is doing the same thing. If you push it back with your fingers as it's rolling it up, it lines up fine.

Is this happening to anyone else? You won't notice it probably unless you have tint.

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: SilverLex ]

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Hey, I have the same problem. It is only on my passenger front side but it is there. It does not stand out, but I wish it wasn't there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yep me too , drivers side back of the window...I have to push it back as its going up.. I thought I got a crap tint job !

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good, I'm glad I'm not alone. Mine is happening pretty bad on the driver side, just barely on the passenger front, but so far not at all in the back.

I'm gonna speak to Lexus at our 10K (which isn't for a couple months still) service, or when they get my ECU update in, and let you know what they say. I'm wondering if it's something they can fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts