Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I just bought my car and got all the windows tinted with 28%Formula One tint at this shop with a machine that cuts out the window patterns for the IS300. I'm kind of a perfectionist, so when I noticed the tint had stopped right at the weather seal against the window, I'm thinking this isn't right. Also, there is a small but noticeable gap for one of the vertical defroster lines leading from the top of the back window to the first horizontal defroster line. Am I crazy to want to redo the entire tint job??? After all, I've always had panels removed and tint tucked under so it looks really clean and no gaps. This has been kind of irritating me, because I don't want to risk damaging the defroster lines if I took off the rear tint. What should I do?

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
chado said:
ok, so I just bought my car and got all the windows tinted with 28%Formula One tint at this shop with a machine that cuts out the window patterns for the IS300. I'm kind of a perfectionist, so when I noticed the tint had stopped right at the weather seal against the window, I'm thinking this isn't right. Also, there is a small but noticeable gap for one of the vertical defroster lines leading from the top of the back window to the first horizontal defroster line. Am I crazy to want to redo the entire tint job??? After all, I've always had panels removed and tint tucked under so it looks really clean and no gaps. This has been kind of irritating me, because I don't want to risk damaging the defroster lines if I took off the rear tint. What should I do?
if you're not happy with it, get it re-done. I had my rear tint re-done three times because there were fibers from the felt lining stuck inside. and i don't know about your tint place, but the guy i went to tucked the window seals in, so the window tint is all tucked and etc.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input everyone, I'm going to have it redone. what a waste of money!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
lordnam
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing